Sponsored

What's It REALLY Like To Live With An All-Electric Rivian R1T? We Have The Answers!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
This is a pretty good discussion, it sounds like they weren't done with everything they recorded at this point, but they went over a lot of different details and some of the issues they experienced and talked to Rivian engineers about

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
TFL shared some good insights of the one week experience with the R1T. I appreciated the overall conversation, but liked hearing Andre’s comments towards the end about crash test conversations with Rivian engineers.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Sounds like the some of the issues are:

The side tunnel door storage that holds the air hose doesn't latch very well, and may need another latch. I noticed this as well at the First Drive event, I don't latch properly on either tunnel door.

One other issue was the wireless charger, apparently it doesn't charge very well, the phone moves around in the big charging area, and it doesn't work at all with cases.

There was also wind noise on only one side of the vehicle, but that may have been caused by alignment issues.

Those were the only ones that stuck out to me, but they are all minor to me, nothing deal breaking.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

So, this video was actually made after a couple days of having it based on the Ike test not being done. I liked everything they pointed out however, especially the need for a "car wash" mode for the vehicle

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
So, this video was actually made after a couple days of having it based on the Ike test not being done. I liked everything they pointed out however, especially the need for a "car wash" mode for the vehicle
I think the easier solution would be to just lock the car.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't have an hour to invest in this video, what's the car wash concern?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just guessing, but the sensors probably freak out. As with many modern vehicles.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Car Wash Mode on a Tesla Model Y

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/en_eu/GUID-65384C1F-86F2-44E8-A8BC-8A12E7E00A40.html
Car Wash Mode
When taking Model Y to a car wash, Car Wash Mode closes all windows, locks all doors, and disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, walk-away door locking, and parking sensor chimes. To enable, touch Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode. Your vehicle must be stationary and not actively charging.​
If using an automatic car wash, Enable Free Roll keeps your vehicle in Neutral and activates free roll for the duration of the wash, while preventing Model Y from applying the Parking brake if you leave the driver's seat. To enable, press on the brake pedal and touch Enable Free Roll; or shift into Neutral.​
Car Wash Mode disables if the vehicle's speed exceeds 16 km/h or by touching Exit on the touchscreen.​
CAUTION
Failure to put Model Y in Car Wash Mode may result in damage (for example, to the charge port or windshield wipers). Damage caused by car washes is not covered by the warranty.​

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The spray was opening the charge door and because it was wet and misty they had to close it from inside. They would like to be disable the door when washing.
Sponsored