Sponsored

What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company??

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Back to seriousness. Because it won't fit. There's a good chance it will be an expandable/inflatable spare that could be close to full size, but still not much better than a donut. I think I'll probably buy my own full size spare & find a way to carry it when I need it.
I'd like an accessory offered by Rivian to carry the full size spare tire. They are adventure vehicles after all.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Would love massage seats in the front ! I know the BMW, Mercs and others possibly have it as well.

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Two items on my wishlist that I just asked Rivian chat about. An auxiliary out to the air compressor for aftermarket use. I've installed air horns on a few of my trucks for safety purposes. They're kind of fun, too. It would be nice to have the onboard compressor feed a tank for the horn. I second comments above about prewires/switches for off-road lights or a light bar. I'd like to put a nice LED bar in this area circled here, which appears to just be trim. Anyone else?

Rivian R1T R1S What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company?? Screenshot 2021-02-04 122113

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I second comments above about prewires/switches for off-road lights or a light bar. I'd like to put a nice LED bar in this area circled here, which appears to just be trim. Anyone else?
That area is where airflow comes in for cooling, so I wouldn't recommend obstructing it; it's not just trim, and anything at all in the way could have a major impact.

I am curious to see how well these vehicles will be able to accomodate 3rd party upgrades like light bars, winches, etc., because I'm not seeing good places for things like that.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That area is where airflow comes in for cooling, so I wouldn't recommend obstructing it; it's not just trim, and anything at all in the way could have a major impact.

I am curious to see how well these vehicles will be able to accomodate 3rd party upgrades like light bars, winches, etc., because I'm not seeing good places for things like that.

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, if that's battery or brake cooling we definitely wouldn't want to block.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
I think the 'hard' button for the frunk is there someplace too.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Would love massage seats in the front ! I know the BMW, Mercs and others possibly have it as well.
I have this feature in my current vehicle. I use it, occasionally. Honestly, I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. I would be okay without it.

The extending thigh support on the bottom cushion is a much more valued feature, to me. I'm curious to sit in a R1T. I hope the seats are comfortable. That's a BIG deal for me.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The extending thigh support on the bottom cushion is a much more valued feature, to me. I'm curious to sit in a R1T. I hope the seats are comfortable. That's a BIG deal for me.
Yes, adequate thigh support is a must. I've really loved the adjustable thigh support on my BMW and Volvos as my wife and I both find the seat bottom doesn't extend out far enough in a lot of cars. Rivian doesn't seem to be adjustable this way but the seat bottom looks to be reasonably long. Won't know for sure until we can get some seat time. My wife did briefly get to sit in the R1S at the Mill Valley event and she didn't complain about the seats - and that's usually the first thing she complains about.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

bumping an old thread... I just requested on a chat with Hilary that Rivian make a "Knight Rider" mode, where the led charging bar flashes red like Kit, and the pedestrian warning sound is set to the wooshing sound of kit's light. I don't know if the LED bar has red or just the green that we've seen in charging pics, but if red lights are an option we definitely need knight rider mode. In response to my question about pedestrian warning sounds Hilary did say that more information is coming s00n on the infotainment system, implying that the warning sounds might be customizable. Hopefully so. I also asked again for a behind the scenes air compressor output that can power accessories like an air horn tank...

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
bumping an old thread... I just requested on a chat with Hilary that Rivian make a "Knight Rider" mode, where the led charging bar flashes red like Kit, and the pedestrian warning sound is set to the wooshing sound of kit's light. I don't know if the LED bar has red or just the green that we've seen in charging pics, but if red lights are an option we definitely need knight rider mode. In response to my question about pedestrian warning sounds Hilary did say that more information is coming s00n on the infotainment system, implying that the warning sounds might be customizable. Hopefully so. I also asked again for a behind the scenes air compressor output that can power accessories like an air horn tank...
I believe there are laws against flashing front red lights on anything other than emergency vehicles.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

I read someplace the existing bumper structure will have provisions for a winch…might have been on your site actually ?

wouldn’t want a light bar, that will hurt aero most of all. A winch that is integrated into the fascia will be no worse than a license plate

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I believe there are laws against flashing front red lights on anything other than emergency vehicles.
Not even flashing, no forward facing red lights, lest people confuse them with tail lights.

red and blue lights are verboten too, so you don’t look like an emergency vehicle. When light up washer nozzles were a thing, people we’re getting tickets for that.
Sponsored