Sponsored

What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company??

tomsatter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, want to own R1T
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I would like them to sell a connector and optional battery pack that could be built into a towable camper that could be used to increase the range (and that could share power with the camper when boondocking).
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I would like a custom air mattress that fits the back of the R1S when the seats are folded down.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A list of Rivian charging locations!

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Rack-jack system for extending the height off a rooftop tent from over the truck bed so you can have better aero when not in use, but then extend height up to the roofline when camping. One unexpected bonus of rooftop-tenting I found was having a nice high up spot in the morning to watch the woods wake up.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I really, really, REALLY want to be able to customize the audio for whatever low-speed noisemaker we ultimately get.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Hey everyone.... time to resurrect this thread as we’ve been configuring as of late. Hopefully Rivian peeps will go back and look at the awesome ideas you all came up with. Talk to me people.... what new ideas do you have?!?!
As far as accessories go, I would like to see:
- Roof-height crossbar crossbars for the bed for use when carrying longer objects that would use all four crossbar mount locations like kayaks, lumber, or long sections of PVC, etc...
- All the functional interior and exterior lighting that one could imagine.
- Onboard water system of rinsing off gear or yourself.
- The Rivian to Other EV charging box
- I believe in the Chilewich floormats but for those folks who don't, an all-weather floor liner.
- Rivian branded sun visor for the windshield.
- Rivian branded air-bag recovery system for getting yourself out of super stuck situations...using the onboard air compressor to inflate.
- A larger rooftop tent, than the Tepui we have seen since inception.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I would like to see a traditional radio with xm satellite capabilities and a choice of rims, and wireless Android auto.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'd like all the options the R1T has on the R1S...

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I'd like all the options the R1T has on the R1S...
Bingo.

One particular R1T option that doesn't exist for the R1S bugs me the most. Wasn't the R1S supposed to come with a full-size spare? I can't remember where, though I seem to recall one or more people from Rivian saying that of course their vehicles would have full-size spares, because they are adventure vehicles, after all.

It just seems like a really weird juxtaposition of philosophies to have this super-capable SUV that could get you to some really remote spots . . . only to be stuck in those places if a flat tire causes you to have to put on a dinky spare.

Rivian seems to be doing a lot of stuff right, but some of their decisions are really perplexing.

Why can't we have a full-size spare for the R1S?

Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Bingo.

One particular R1T option that doesn't exist for the R1S bugs me the most. Wasn't the R1S supposed to come with a full-size spare? I can't remember where, though I seem to recall one or more people from Rivian saying that of course their vehicles would have full-size spares, because they are adventure vehicles, after all.

It just seems like a really weird juxtaposition of philosophies to have this super-capable SUV that could get you to some really remote spots . . . only to be stuck in those places if a flat tire causes you to have to put on a dinky spare.

Rivian seems to be doing a lot of stuff right, but some of their decisions are really perplexing.

They needed the space for the boom box.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Back to seriousness. Because it won't fit. There's a good chance it will be an expandable/inflatable spare that could be close to full size, but still not much better than a donut. I think I'll probably buy my own full size spare & find a way to carry it when I need it.
Sponsored