Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
More details around bluetooth audio quality and interface (selecting album/artist/song/playlists) as well as the phone/sms integration.

Related, if you can get direct quote confirmation out of someone from Rivian regarding Jason Cammisa's seemingly-definitive claim Apple CarPlay is coming in a future OTA update that sure would be nice :)
Sponsored

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
A screen by screen walkthrough like you did for the lightning and overall EA charging experience like you did with Mach E. I'm leaving the supercharger network and am a bit nervous.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
A request for the little things! Things like:
  • What the turn signal sounds like
  • Various cup sizes in the cup holder
  • Interior lighting at night
I think we've all heard the high level items like acceleration, towing, the gear tunnel, etc... enough times already. It would be interesting to see what the user experience and "quality of life" features there are actually living with the vehicle doing everyday activities.
There is a sound byte out there somewhere on the turn signal sounds like a heartbeat.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I usually go 285 to 50. Possibly Rivian's first RAN charger is being installed in Salida.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/309280
Yes, me, too, Iā€™m aware, but I donā€™t want to have to go 10 miles out of my way, unnecessarily stop, nor charge with 50 or 60% of a full battery (given the distance from Denver), as the charge curve is super slow at that state of charge. I have to stop in Poncha Springs right now with my Tesla, and that stop has fewer / worse amenities than any other Supercharger in the U.S.

Iā€™ve pleaded with city officials in Gunnison to incentivize / install a level 3 charger there, but no replies / traction. Such an opportunity there.

Thus, I have a second Rivian reservation, a max pack.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I definitely echo the call to test more of the audio interfaces. I'd like for you to do a typical Colorado drive on I-70. Since I know you're in Ft Collins/Loveland, start with 100% SoC and then head up to Frisco, Vail, or Glenwood and report how the range does up and down the mountain passes with regen. This would be particularly nice right now since it's cold.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'd be really curious how it performed with conserve mode on and off on the highway, and if you can talk them into it, testing each of their wheel types.

I'd also be curious to see your normal charging test, and one that starts higher to see if it follows the same backbone. OR a test on a 150kw charger just to see if it'd faster to charge the R1T on a 150kw charger than the 350A limited 350KW charger.

How it handles thermals particularly on your canyon roads.

Tbh, I have more on road questions about it than offroad at this point.

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Test out what Alexa can do with climate controls / moving vents etc.

Donā€™t know how much time you have but it would also be cool to get range tests based on the mode youā€™re in (conserve vs. standard, or a combination of the two).
She can't do much at the moment...

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
I think one pedal driving on snow and ice would be nice to know what it is like. Do we need to manually turn down the regen to not slide? (This may be my lack of any experience in an EV showing through)

How is the roof in Colorado sun?

Thank you!

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Hi all

We will be testing a Rivian R1T very soon and want to cover the topics that mean the most to you! Of course we'll have our standard range / charging / road trip coverage but I want to test what you all think will demystify the truck a bit.

As you can imagine we have nearly a full content plan with the R1T and we'll try and incorporate as much as you are looking for during our coverage.

Thanks!
Kyle
Eagerly waiting for your video... your team is doing awesome job.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@OutofSpecKyle also, if you can confirm w them that they have that 800v charging switch. I know CarAndDriver and MotorTrend have said that it can with a software update, but it's not clear to us if that was a miscommunication about their charging network. This is literally the mystery.

Towing a small camper vs a large trailer would be sweet too.

Honestly, just super excited for your review!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Backup and other camera quality in different lighting situations vs Tesla. Did first mile drive and was very concerned at that time (looked really bad) but I understand the quality has improved since then via software updates. Community Can probably calculate resolution and sensitivity info from stills in each car. Thanks!

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Iā€™d like to see a run down of the phone app and itā€™s features.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Oo! If you are able to pull codes with the OBD dongle to get the battery temp during charging that would be cool!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I don't think I've seen anyone give a review of the ADAS / Driver+ system yet. I'm sure it'll keep improving, but how it compares with Tesla Autopilot, Ford Blue Cruise, GM SuperCruise, Kia/Hyundai HDA2, etc would be interesting.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think I've seen anyone give a review of the ADAS / Driver+ system yet. I'm sure it'll keep improving, but how it compares with Tesla Autopilot, Ford Blue Cruise, GM SuperCruise, Kia/Hyundai HDA2, etc would be interesting.
Ooo good point!

I'm particularly interested in how well it handles tighter highway curves.
Sponsored