Sponsored

What would you do if price increased?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
They’ve quietly removed thousands in value while keeping the price mostly unchanged.

If they were to raise the price on top of all of the devaluation, I’d be out in a heartbeat.

As it is now, I think the price/value is fair.

I’d bitch and whine but still buy one. Inflation is real at the moment, perhaps, temporary but it’s here.
This is why Rivian can increase their price, should they decide to do so. I don't recall anyone, other than employees, that have received a Rivian. I'm not aware of anyone, other than possibly employees, that have purchased a Rivian and locked in the price. I don't know of anyone that has a Guide, that has locked in a price. It would be good to know if any have.

We know that Rivian is in production, according to reliable sources, but we don't know at what rate. A report states they have a tent set up, where possibly some Rivians may be stored, but I'm not aware if anyone has actually seen them stored. Rivian is silent in their communications, possibly due to the S-1 filing. We don't know if any deliveries are being made at this time, or planned in the very near future, but it's reasonable to expect that we would know if any are being made.

It would be good to hear about deliveries taking place to the General Public, prior to the IPO. That would ease my concern on price increases. My fear is they are stockpiling their vehicles and will mass ship once the IPO goes through. If they do this, the only reason I can see for holding until after the IPO, is to increase the price, or the S-1 filing forbids them from delivering during this period.

As you see in the quote above, many will be willing to absorb the increase. Rivian won't have any problem selling what they are possibly stockpiling now. Has it been a month, or thereabout, since we heard about the first employee deliveries? Are we hearing about Guide contacts? Lots of questions.....

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
This is why Rivian can increase their price, should they decide to do so. I don't recall anyone, other than employees, that have received a Rivian. I'm not aware of anyone, other than possibly employees, that have purchased a Rivian and locked in the price. I don't know of anyone that has a Guide, that has locked in a price. It would be good to know if any have.

We know that Rivian is in production, according to reliable sources, but we don't know at what rate. A report states they have a tent set up, where possibly some Rivians may be stored, but I'm not aware if anyone has actually seen them stored. Rivian is silent in their communications, possibly due to the S-1 filing. We don't know if any deliveries are being made at this time, or planned in the very near future, but it's reasonable to expect that we would know if any are being made.

It would be good to hear about deliveries taking place to the General Public, prior to the IPO. That would ease my concern on price increases. My fear is they are stockpiling their vehicles and will mass ship once the IPO goes through. If they do this, the only reason I can see for holding until after the IPO, is to increase the price, or the S-1 filing forbids them from delivering during this period.

As you see in the quote above, many will be willing to absorb the increase. Rivian won't have any problem selling what they are possibly stockpiling now. Has it been a month, or thereabout, since we heard about the first employee deliveries? Are we hearing about Guide contacts? Lots of questions.....
I mean it’s all relative. I’m now semi-seriously looking at a Taycan given the delays…I’m sad they haven’t been “selling” to employees for a year now as they are the best beta testers and I’m always worried about downtime caused by maintenance problems.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So, I guess this happened!

My account has not yet been updated but based on the increase it's a good 20% price increase. They have quite literally increased every single option.

Personally, for a startup who is producing a 1st gen product, which I have more questions than answers to, I find these increases quite ridiculous. I would have accepted a 5000 to 6000 increase, but not 20K.

I am going to give it a few days to let this settle in and want to think this through, but at the moment I cannot fathom paying close to 130K for a 1st gen product which does not have a track record yet.

Also where is the RAN DCFC network?

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Also where is the RAN DCFC network?
Unfortunately, a feature still in progression. They've barely scratch that surface at this point in time (only a few RAN chargers about, with even fewer of them being lv 3s).

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
A real blast from the past. I always felt the vehicles were bargains at prior pricing and at some point in this thread believe I said I would live with a price increase. However, I never anticipated an overnight 20% increase. Need to sit on it a while and think.....

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
Lately I lost about $40,000 in the stock market. Around $6,000 of that on RIVN. Due to the delay I purchased a small lake cabin. My current truck cost $42,000. It was a rich step up for me to the Rivian. I will cancel my August 2021 R1S order in the morning. And will watch the secondary market for the R1T and cancel order if I can't safely sell it if I have problems with what will be the largest payment I have ever had in my life.

Montucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Sprinter
Bad form Rivian.... Bad form. The honorable thing would have been to hold prices for reservation holders and increase from this point forward for all new orders.

I suspect RIvian is going to lose a lot of reservations with a bump this big... and a fair amount of goodwill as well.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I am still patiently waiting in a matter-of-fact way. There is still no relevant competition, and last I looked (yesterday) my delivery date is 2024.

When the delivery date is getting closer, I'll take a closer look.

If the substantial price increase holds, then what I would be looking for is a modularized battery pack with planned expiration and long-term maintenance in mind. Ie easy battery swap.
I don't relish buying a disposable vehicle based on an anticipated battery life span similar to Tesla. I guess there is a price threshold there
Sponsored