Sponsored

What will you name your Rivian?

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I thought I would ask a fun question as we wait for more details to be released.

A lot of people, myself included, name their vehicles for a variety of reasons. I’ve done this with virtually every vehicle I’ve owned and will do so again with my R1T.

I’ve currently got Launch Green configured as my color option and plan on having an unapologetically fun time driving it. I’m leaning towards LOKI, marvel god of mischief that also shares a green color palette, but still deciding.

My backup color is El Cap Granite but I haven’t put much thought into that yet.

what’s your R1 name and why?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As Launch Green reminds me of the frogs in my pond, I’m considering “Rivvit”.

Come to think of it, those headlights look the part, as well.?
I do not typically name my vehicles but if I were to name this one Lightening or Gray Ghost come to mind...

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
My wife gives me a hard time about my love & passion for Rivian, so I'm thinking maybe "The Mistress".

And if I can change Alexa's voice to Kate Beckinsale or Elizabeth Hurley, that will seal the deal.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My wife gives me a hard time about my love & passion for Rivian, so I'm thinking maybe "The Mistress".

And if I can change Alexa's voice to Kate Beckinsale or Elizabeth Hurley, that will seal the deal.
If I had Kate’s voice on mine, anyone eavesdropping would likely hear me talking dirty in my sleep all night long. Hmm?... I better rethink this...

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
I have a trend of naming my trucks after Imperial Star Destroyers. My current truck is the "ISD Judicator"

The name can only come once I drive it though.

Rivian R1T R1S What will you name your Rivian? 20160518_120747

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I thought I would ask a fun question as we wait for more details to be released.

A lot of people, myself included, name their vehicles for a variety of reasons. I’ve done this with virtually every vehicle I’ve owned and will do so again with my R1T.

I’ve currently got Launch Green configured as my color option and plan on having an unapologetically fun time driving it. I’m leaning towards LOKI, marvel god of mischief that also shares a green color palette, but still deciding.

Good colors. As for a name? I am not sentimental enough to name a car and never have, but I appreciate the idea. I call Tesla’s a Model T because they, the T, replaced the horse. Rivian? Thinking of World War 2, I may just call it a Jeep, the first army Jeep, not the brand.

Sponsored

HKMiller

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y and Porsche Macan
Occupation
Marketing
I’ve been running through a lot of names. Currently E-Mater is the top contender.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'll wait until I take delivery to name my R1T. I have to "feel it". Sometimes I name them immediately (like my current vehicle). Other times it takes a few months.

mrfari

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTA baybee..
After watching the WSJ video test driving electric cars around the world, I came to "Zippy" referring to that feeling of instantaneous acceleration, and because it's a cute lil name for my white R1T.

Whole video below, for any interested.

Last edited:

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'll wait until I take delivery to name my R1T. I have to "feel it". Sometimes I name them immediately (like my current vehicle). Other times it takes a few months.
Same. Had my F-150 a couple years before naming it, whereas, my Model 3 was named within days.

I keep a running list of vehicle names, but no decisions are made until the vehicle is in my possession. Same with dogs. :)

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My wife calls the Tesla we drive, “Magic Carpet”, a descriptive label not a name.
Sponsored