mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicles
Signature Model X, Model Y
I thought I would ask a fun question as we wait for more details to be released.

A lot of people, myself included, name their vehicles for a variety of reasons. I’ve done this with virtually every vehicle I’ve owned and will do so again with my R1T.

I’ve currently got Launch Green configured as my color option and plan on having an unapologetically fun time driving it. I’m leaning towards LOKI, marvel god of mischief that also shares a green color palette, but still deciding.

My backup color is El Cap Granite but I haven’t put much thought into that yet.

what’s your R1 name and why?
With my Tesla’s, I’ve had Blue Streak and Red Lightning. For the R1S, I am thinking Green Machine.

Advertisement

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
I feel that anthropomorphizing a machine, while a very human thing to do, is not my way of doing things. I expect that I will refer to it as our truck. It won't have the capability of caring one way or another despite it's multiple computer processors.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Reaction score
First Name
Duck
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
I feel that anthropomorphizing a machine, while a very human thing to do, is not my way of doing things. I expect that I will refer to it as our truck. It won't have the capability of caring one way or another despite it's multiple computer processors.
Mark K,

Either you're serious about this, or I'm misinterpreting your humor. If you're you're being funny, touché!

If you're being serious, I'm gonna to go out on a limb and guess that you probably don't agree with me that 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the best buddy flicks ever, right?

"Dave: Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Hello, HAL, do you read me? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Do you read me, HAL? Do you read me HAL? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Hello, HAL, do you read me? Do you read me? HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I am afraid I can't do that.

Dave: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: The mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

It would be so wrong of me to ruin one of the best comedies in history by giving the ending away, but it's worth a watch, for those who haven't already seen it.

Dave and HAL just have such rare chemistry. You almost forget that HAL is a computer! They just crack me up with that routine! It's just like Abbott and Costello with "Who's on First?", but with way better cinematography.

"DuckTruck: Mark K, have I lost you? Mark? Mark?!!

Voice from off screen: Uh, I'm afraid you lost all of us five minutes ago. Mark hopped in his Launch Green Truck and left."

Mark,

I get your point. On second thought, you might be right.

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi platinum
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Glad to see this thread and I'm not the only crazy person whos been trying to decide on a name before I even see the truck.

My R1t will be Rivian blue and I have two contenders

Sonic, small blue fast electric
1619794547987.png

Raiden, yes from Mortal Combat
1619794508098.png

protamine

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
17 911 GTS, 69 Camaro SS 396, 12 MB E350
Occupation
CT Surgeon
KY is limited to 5 letters on specialty plates or 6 on standard

thinking 'OHMG' or 'HUBR1S'

sevengroove

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lexus RX 350
Mine is going to be named "Geralt." My wife is already referring to it that way.
Nice, I thought of this as a vanity plate but felt the novelty would wear off soon and I'd be stuck with people asking me if my name is Geralt. Great idea for a verbal name though - Geralt the Rivian!

1619818656806.png

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Nice, I thought of this as a vanity plate but felt the novelty would wear off soon and I'd be stuck with people asking me if my name is Geralt. Great idea for a verbal name though - Geralt the Rivian!
The alternative that my daughter suggested was "Roach" but I don't want my truck re-spawning on top of my house.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I saw the KY and couldn't resist: R1SKY
Dude, that's incredible! For a KY R1S and even for me...

For me - R1S, Sky, & a big part of my career has been cyber risk (& security). I was thinking of just getting a normal plate, but you have my wheels turning...

sevengroove

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lexus RX 350
Dude, that's incredible! For a KY R1S and even for me...

For me - R1S, Sky, & a big part of my career has been cyber risk (& security). I was thinking of just getting a normal plate, but you have my wheels turning...
Nice! Always a plus if there are multiple ways to read them - lock it down!

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I shall name our R1T, "MIWBMACTL".

It is pronounced, "Me-Wee-Bim-Act-L".

If you say it really fast, you'll hear, "More Information Will Be Made Available Closer To Launch".
In looking at the pronunciation, I thought that sounded like a ancient Mayan word for virile mouse.

Advertisement

Advertisement