Sponsored

What will YOU look like in your R1T? I think Launch Green is a Good Match for Me!!

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
20210614_145143.jpg

Just in case anyone thought I was kidding.

And, yes, my phone is still fully charged, and the ringer is on high.....

Tick, tick, tick.....
?
Their gonna call any minute now. Glad your ready to go
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Dam, that really does look good in Launch Green. With 500 miles on range it will be tough to beat

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Dam, that really does look good in Launch Green. With 500 miles on range it will be tough to beat
An additional thought … I expect the CT to come out in 2023 (of they solve a ton of issues first), so the race is on to see who releases the high Range vehicle first. It’s Gonna be close folks. Stay tuned….

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Tha
I don't have any special design plans for my Rivian, but my goal I to get a milky way shot with my Rivian in it. Maybe combine the tent with the milky way and my Rivian. Please do note, I am not a professional photographer and am well below amateur. But, I am learning. Maybe when I grow up I can be like @Lil'O Annie! ?

DSC01300.jpg
That's a great Milky Way shot!! What a great idea to take one with your Riv in it!! This is what it looks like in our E. Washington Scabland Country (NOT MY PHOTO...Taken by a geology FB friend from Seattle)!!
Rivian R1T R1S What will YOU look like in your R1T? I think Launch Green is a Good Match for Me!! 1623709877767

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My tablet must be funky. On my screen, it looks more like "Sledgehammer Slate".

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I don't have any special design plans for my Rivian, but my goal I to get a milky way shot with my Rivian in it. Maybe combine the tent with the milky way and my Rivian. Please do note, I am not a professional photographer and am well below amateur. But, I am learning. Maybe when I grow up I can be like @Lil'O Annie! ?

DSC01300.jpg

IMG_20210614_110540.jpg
All I can say is "WOW!"

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Tha

That's a great Milky Way shot!! What a great idea to take one with your Riv in it!! This is what it looks like in our E. Washington Scabland Country (NOT MY PHOTO...Taken by a geology FB friend from Seattle)!!
1623709877767.png
And "DOUBLE WOW!!!"

Annie and Scout, Thanks for the awesome shots of the Milky Way! Every astronomer from Galileo to Hawking would swoon over those. I really can't wait to invade Annie's neighborhood. The scablands of Eastern Washington will be at least a two-week trip sometime soon. There used to be some great star parties around the University of Oregon's Pine Mountain Observatory, East of Bend. With COVID, I don't know if they will be a thing this summer. Regardless, it's a dark open sky out there, although I can't imagine it being any better than Eastern Washington.

Thanks again, you two!

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
And "DOUBLE WOW!!!"

Annie and Scout, Thanks for the awesome shots of the Milky Way! Every astronomer from Galileo to Hawking would swoon over those. I really can't wait to invade Annie's neighborhood. The scablands of Eastern Washington will be at least a two-week trip sometime soon. There used to be some great star parties around the University of Oregon's Pine Mountain Observatory, East of Bend. With COVID, I don't know if they will be a thing this summer. Regardless, it's a dark open sky out there, although I can't imagine it being any better than Eastern Washington.

Thanks again, you two!
Actually Ducky, this would be a really good Riviots-Rally location for a tour of the Scablands. It's in Frenchman Coulee right off I-90 near Vantage. That rock formation in the photo is called "The Feathers".
Ellensburg, Hermiston and Yakima have some Electrify America 50-350W DCFCs for a boost coming from the west/southwest on the way there. Ritzville will have Rivian charger/s and has 4 EA chargers, too, so it will end up being the best E. WA charging location. Any Riviot gathering will be somewhat dictated by good charger availability along the route/s. I wouldn't even consider using the 50W chargers, other than an emergency...too slow for a battery the size in Rivians. Can you imagine a group of R1Ts pulling into a charge location and all plugging in at once? Will slow down the charging speeds quite bit. Rivian Rallies could be an interesting charging-learning experience. ? There will be challenges.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Actually Ducky, this would be a really good Riviots-Rally location for a tour of the Scablands. It's in Frenchman Coulee right off I-90 near Vantage. That rock formation in the photo is called "The Feathers".
Ellensburg, Hermiston and Yakima have some Electrify America 50-350W DCFCs for a boost coming from the west/southwest on the way there. Ritzville will have Rivian charger/s and has 4 EA chargers, too, so it will end up being the best E. WA charging location. Any Riviot gathering will be somewhat dictated by good charger availability along the route/s. I wouldn't even consider using the 50W chargers, other than an emergency...too slow for a battery the size in Rivians. Can you imagine a group of R1Ts pulling into a charge location and all plugging in at once? Will slow down the charging speeds quite bit. Rivian Rallies could be an interesting charging-learning experience. ? There will be challenges.
Annie,

I love the way you think! Your area is ideal for a Raging Rivian Rally. All of the various columnar basalt formations and landscapes exposed by the Missoula Floods seem custom made for these vehicles and those who love to explore. As we've discussed before, everything along the Columbia River Gorge and the scablands are going to provide great opportunities for playing off road.

For those who have never seen these rock formations and cliffs before, I think you'll be stunned. Go back and look at Annie's friend's Milky Way pic. Those formations make Stonehenge look like a kindergarten project. Knowing that the nighttime sky is so dark, especially from down inside the canyons and below the rock formations, the stargazing and photography opportunities will be amazing!

Thanks for the intel on the charging networks in your area. You're right in that a number of Rivian's descending upon one of them at the same time will slow the charging speed, but since we'll be able to carry coolers with us, I don't think it'll be a problem. Just another chance for Riviating conversation. ??
Sponsored