Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

4-22 is Earth Day. That said, I would assume announcements about EPA numbers, sustainability and maybe even a bigger overall announcement. The timing is too good to waste not making a good size splash as it is central to the mission of the company....

I would love to see that!
Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Let's just ping cs and ask for epa numbers. They might get fedup and just release them this Thursday ?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
4-22 is Earth Day. That said, I would assume announcements about EPA numbers, sustainability and maybe even a bigger overall announcement. The timing is too good to waste not making a good size splash as it is central to the mission of the company....
I was about to post similar.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a reveal event where we get to see actual examples of the colors on the vehicles (including Launch Green), info on EPA ranges, announcements on the test drive program, etc.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I was about to post similar.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a reveal event where we get to see actual examples of the colors on the vehicles (including Launch Green), info on EPA ranges, announcements on the test drive program, etc.
That is my prediction for 4/29. I think they will have a "reveal" prior to the Guides starting. It would not be a good use of resources if every guide had to answer every customers' questions about range, colors, test drives, etc. I really hope all that information is publicly available and my guide can focus on specifics and getting the order placed.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Based off of all the data have seen I think the reason for the slow trickle of information is simply put because they are not ready.

I believe the level of what we think the company will be active and viable to everyone won't happen until September or October. For us LE holders we will see delivery as following:

-EPA Numbers Come out in May maybe June
-Crash Testing won't be official until July/August
-Delivery will be 1000% personal and we will get a very limited number of accessories either included or as a option to bundle but not as much as you would think.
-Deliveries will come with a gift box thanking us for our patience
-No Dealerships or test drive events until June it self (they are still hiring the people who are coordinating these events so to get them hired and trained is at least 1.5 months).
-No in store/service centers at Launch, though any issues will be handled albeit probably a little slower.
-Showing us colors and materials in person will be coordinated by the in person events which wont start until June.
-Deliveries that are 100% confirmed with out test driving, in person color choice, or material could happen in June but only if you agree to not care about those until delivery with a 7 day return policy.
If I had no further info than what is currently released and with no test drive I would follow through with delivery of my pre-order LE R1T. I trust that Rivian has designed a great vehicle. I would however expect that Rivian reciprocates my level of good faith with an equal amount of personalized sustained customer service. I am actually hoping that Rivian is seeking this same mutually beneficial trade off with all the pre-order holders that gave some of their hard earned money many months or years before consumer production began.

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

I think test results is a great guess but based on the information provided and current trend on not releasing vehicle specific information, I'm going to say accessories. Tent, cross bars, and a surprise or two. Hopefully, this actually includes pricing or at least a date for the configurator to be re-opened for additional ordering where pricing will be revealed like the kitchen was.

Last edited:

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
Earth day: perfect timing for specs of offroading tires, air suspension and offroad driving modes ?

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Not sure who noticed, but the "My Configuration" page in my Rivian account appears slightly different today. Gone are the smaller thumbnail collage of images of the interior and exterior and they've been replaced with much larger pictures that can be viewed in full screen. It also looks like they moved around where the full details of your configuration is located. I wonder if this is indicative of more or different information forthcoming on this page.

Did this happen a while ago, and I just missed it?!

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Not sure who noticed, but the "My Configuration" page in my Rivian account appears slightly different today. Gone are the smaller thumbnail collage of images of the interior and exterior and they've been replaced with much larger pictures that can be viewed in full screen. It also looks like they moved around where the full details of your configuration is located. I wonder if this is indicative of more or different information forthcoming on this page.

You are spot on! They even added the left/right rear 3/4 view (previously only had one)...

Also the yellow clips are gone and the Chilewich mats changed color, and the speaker grilles in the ceiling are now white instead of the black/steel grey (Ocean Coast interior).

They also added the R1S All-Terrain rims (non-black) as an option to the R1T configurator.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.47.57 AM

Last edited:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
What day is it?

The day before Thursday!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

You are spot on! They even added the left/right rear 3/4 view (previously only had one)...

Also the yellow clips are gone and the Chilewich mats changed color, and the speaker grilles in the ceiling are now white instead of the black/steel grey (Ocean Coast interior).

They also added the R1S All-Terrain rims (non-black) as an option to the R1T configurator.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.47.57 AM.png
Great find!

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

A little hard to see, but in the configurator photo the metal inset in the wood paneling now appears to say "Adventurous Forever" instead of "Normal, Illinois." I can't recall if we've seen that before.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... 1619025832878

The new floormats are interesting. I never understood why the Black Mountain interior had green floormats, and have told Rivian that more than once. I wonder if the Black interior will now include a floormat with more subtle green accents.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I never understood why the Black Mountain interior had green floormats, and have told Rivian that more than once. I wonder if the Black interior will now include a floormat with more subtle green accents.
I really liked the previous Black Mountain mats, gave the interior some color "texture" keeping it from being too monotone. It will indeed be interesting to see the final mats.

Edit:
Interestingly, the R1T configurator shows the same floor mat used for all interior colors. Simplifying? Cost cutting? Exploring options?

The R1S still shows the original floor mats and interior color pairings, perhaps they haven't made the R1S updates yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: