Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Shitty as it is, I agree. I think it will be a quick surface level UI gloss over until their next update a month from now....
That update will be delayed by 2 weeks and then will say that COVID has affected the supply chain and their deliveries will start this winter.
Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
That update will be delayed by 2 weeks and then will say that COVID has affected the supply chain and their deliveries will start this winter.
As much as I hate to admit it, this ā€œfeelsā€œ closer to the truth. I donā€™t think the commā€˜s will give an excuse though.

Last edited:

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
It's fair. It seems to be their "personality" and they very well may be adjusting pain. ?ā€ā™‚

Companies have their quirks. As annoying as it is, holding things close to the chest definitely seems to be Rivian's.
Yeah. It Seems like they are having a hard time getting out of ā€œstealthā€ mode. Eventually, they are going to have to deliver cars.
I think we'll only get details for the 21s, since those are most efficient according to Rivian.

But, if we learn EPA is actually 325 miles, and someone likes the 20s better but also needs 300 miles, it could allow them to make the change. Does that make sense?

Whereas if it comes in right at 300, then maybe the 20's are off the table for some people, knowing that they need as close to 300 miles in range as possible.
I blew up the picture of the interior available in the configurator. I canā€™t make it out, but it seems like the bottom right hand corner says 237 miles left and the battery has 75% charge left, so EPA is roughly 316 miles? What do yā€™all think?
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 6/14 - 6/20? BAFE737C-8BF3-45C8-A4E2-0E19CBF1C8D0

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I blew up the picture of the interior available in the configurator. I canā€™t make it out, but it seems like the bottom right hand corner says 237 miles left and the battery has 75% charge left, so EPA is roughly 316 miles? What do yā€™all think?
Sorry to be a downer, but there is no reason to trust that, imo. If EPA estimates are released and you happen to be close it is only by blind-luck rather than any scientific method.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Sorry to be a downer, but there is no reason to trust that, imo. If EPA estimates are released and you happen to be close it is only by blind-luck rather than any scientific method.
I agree, we cant trust that. These are most likely renderings or enhancements. We also have to account for other factors such as tire size if these are real photos.

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I agree, we cant trust that. These are most likely renderings or enhancements. We also have to account for other factors such as tire size if these are real photos.
Only experience I have is with the range "guessometer" in the 2017 Chevy BoltEV (one with a verified good battery pack). It gives an estimated greatest, middle (expected), and least range based on how I have been driving lately. If I have been driving mostly 30-45 mph gently on local streets with little or no cabin conditioning, I have seen the expected range over 300 miles. If I have been doing interstate driving >70mph with cabin conditioning, with more aggressive accelerating, it has shown as little as 210 miles of range. I don't have a heavy foot, and my tires tend to last beyond their expected range, so my average range is in the 250 mile area. So, it really depends on all these factors that have already been mentioned, speed, acceleration, incline, weather, and tires.
I have no experience with how Tesla's range guessometer works or how Rivian will do it, as It remains to be seen, and we will know once some of these are delivered and a forum member reports back in, and I am sure there will be some automotive Internet site reviews. Until then, hoping to be pleasantly surprised that Rivian is under promising and over delivering, as my experience with the Chevy BoltEV has been.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Only experience I have is with the range "guessometer" in the 2017 Chevy BoltEV (one with a verified good battery pack). It gives an estimated greatest, middle (expected), and least range based on how I have been driving lately. If I have been driving mostly 30-45 mph gently on local streets with little or no cabin conditioning, I have seen the expected range over 300 miles. If I have been doing interstate driving >70mph with cabin conditioning, with more aggressive accelerating, it has shown as little as 210 miles of range. I don't have a heavy foot, and my tires tend to last beyond their expected range, so my average range is in the 250 mile area. So, it really depends on all these factors that have already been mentioned, speed, acceleration, incline, weather, and tires.
I have no experience with how Tesla's range guessometer works or how Rivian will do it, as It remains to be seen, and we will know once some of these are delivered and a forum member reports back in, and I am sure there will be some automotive Internet site reviews. Until then, hoping to be pleasantly surprised that Rivian is under promising and over delivering, as my experience with the Chevy BoltEV has been.
Guessometer. ā€¦ very clever and funny. Love it. Not accurate description of course but funny never the less
Sponsored