Sponsored

aardvarkricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4
Rivian is.....mediocre at best, with regards to marketing. It’s like they got so used to operating in stealth mode that they’ve never actually gotten out of it.

Fingers crossed that, with less than 6 months to go before R1T deliveries begin, Rivian starts pumping out more information
I think you hit the nail on the head. It does feel like they are so used to stealth mode they don't know another way to operate.
Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Told a coworker about my preorder this week and she’s was like OH is that like the Hummer Truck, but also said,” Rivian? Who makes that?” ? She knows cars too.
Best part of these stories is when my company won an bid for selling the electrical cables for all the drives and machines for the plant in Normal. I was so excited. No one but 2-3 people still know who Rivian is. It’s wasn’t a small bid.

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Rivian is.....mediocre at best, with regards to marketing. It’s like they got so used to operating in stealth mode that they’ve never actually gotten out of it.

Fingers crossed that, with less than 6 months to go before R1T deliveries begin, Rivian starts pumping out more information
What's more surprising to me is that they don't have their social media reps monitor monitor these forums and answer questions directly. Engaging in the community where they are, is kind of marketing 101 in 2021. It's not like these forums are hard to find.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Unfortunately it is necessary to be very secretive these days. Elon Musk said in an interview that some day he would like to apply some of his automotive technology to home HVAC and mentioned condensate recovery and the next thing you know there are people declaring, as people tend to do on the internet, that the CT will have distillation equipment built in.

Those of you who dabble in investing in BEV and related technology companies know that every word they publish is being scrutinized by predatory law firms looking for any misstep that can be turned into a class action law suit on the basis that the company deceived investors. Look at the recent statement by the president of CCIV with regard to the Lucid merger. Very, very carefully crafted to say nothing. I'd be careful too.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
What's more surprising to me is that they don't have their social media reps monitor monitor these forums and answer questions directly. Engaging in the community where they are, is kind of marketing 101 in 2021. It's not like these forums are hard to find.
^^^This. I currently own a Ram pickup; FCA has employees who are active on an outside forum that I follow for FCA vehicles. Those employees not only maintain membership accounts on the forum, but they actively seek to help anyone who posts a problem or issue with any FCA vehicle (they offer to contact the nearest dealer to establish a case; etc.). I think this is great marketing for FCA, as it shows they’re available after the sale to work with the owners to resolve any issues. I’m glad to be leaving the Ram family (especially since they just merged with Peugeot), but I hope I won’t be disappointed in Rivian’s service after the sale.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
I expect they do monitor these forums and they do have a chat you can go to where very polite operators very politely tell you that the information you are seeking will be revealed later on as they get closer to production.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I expect they do monitor these forums and they do have a chat you can go to where very polite operators very politely tell you that the information you are seeking will be revealed later on as they get closer to production.
Major drift guys and gals . . .

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Told a coworker about my preorder this week and she’s was like OH is that like the Hummer Truck, but also said,” Rivian? Who makes that?” ? She knows cars too.
Same here, I'm sure this is widespread condition.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Alexa sits there in silence. You'll need to be reprogrammed

I want mine to speak like Ironman's Jarvis... or "Kit" english guy from Night Rider :)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Kate Beckinsale in Underworld ... with fangs.
Whew, love me some Kate Beckinsale! My wife would get jealous of me spending so much time with the Rivian/Kate.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately it is necessary to be very secretive these days. Elon Musk said in an interview that some day he would like to apply some of his automotive technology to home HVAC and mentioned condensate recovery and the next thing you know there are people declaring, as people tend to do on the internet, that the CT will have distillation equipment built in.

Those of you who dabble in investing in BEV and related technology companies know that every word they publish is being scrutinized by predatory law firms looking for any misstep that can be turned into a class action law suit on the basis that the company deceived investors. Look at the recent statement by the president of CCIV with regard to the Lucid merger. Very, very carefully crafted to say nothing. I'd be careful too.
While I can agree with being secretive about long term strategy and features not yet ready, here we are just 5 months from initial deliveries. The UI stuff has to be solid by now and will be visible to the world in June. The Hummer will deliver in October and GM has already leaked a few demos of their UI. They have also shown videos of the new virtual reality that will be in the Cadillacs and the Hummer. Others on this forum have asked about the camera locations, but everyone is guessing as to where they will be by looking at pictures. GM has shown two underbody cameras on the Hummer for off roading and what that will look like. They even stated they have a washing system to clean them.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Others on this forum have asked about the camera locations, but everyone is guessing as to where they will be by looking at pictures.
Both R1 vehicles should have 9 road viewing cameras, and R1T should have another looking down on the bed, plus at least 1 interior camera for driver monitoring (and possibly passenger).

Rivian R1T R1S What We Know - Collecting Information Directly From Rivian r1s_driver__our_system_cameras_deskto

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
The UI stuff has to be solid by now ...
The basics had better be pretty solid but the UI on my X changes every couple of weeks. Minor stuff, of course, in most cases.
Sponsored