Sponsored

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I saw some information on the R1T spare tire but not much mentioned on the R1S. It is kind of the same in the fact that it will only be provided if the state requires it, however, it will not be a full size. I just finished a chat with Christina who said this:

Hello, will the RS1 have a spare tire?

A compact spare tire will soon be available for purchase for the R1S. In some states, this may be included based on local regulations.

So it will not be standard unless the state requires it?

That's correct.

Ok thanks. Also, where will the spare tire be located on the R1S with a 3rd row?

My pleasure. In the R1S, the spare tire will go under the cargo floor accessible behind the 3rd row seat.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I saw some information on the R1T spare tire but not much mentioned on the R1S. It is kind of the same in the fact that it will only be provided if the state requires it, however, it will not be a full size. I just finished a chat with Christina who said this:

A compact spare tire will soon be available for purchase for the R1S. In some states, this may be included based on local regulations.

That's correct.

Ok thanks. Also, where will the spare tire be located on the R1S with a 3rd row?

My pleasure. In the R1S, the spare tire will go under the cargo floor accessible behind the 3rd row seat.
Lolz should've asked her how will my adventure vehicle be able to carry a full size spare tire for my adventures. I'm OK with the 3rd party solution, but Rivian should address this in some way.

That's correct.

Yeah I asked them if they'll have an accessory to carry a full size tire for the adventures, and they said nope. Also, Martin said that he's sure 3rd parties will come up with an exterior accessory [I've seen in other threads and they don't look bad]

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
D
does that video look like it has a roof shade? I guess it's just the lighting.
No shade but also not the lighting. If you watch the video in slo-mo, you will notice that the video incorporates an animation that is "uncropping" (for lack of a better term) both the top and bottom of the image. It's just more apparent at the top due to the bright sky vs the dark interior at the bottom.

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

I got this from my questions thru an email. I was especially interested in finding out the size tire for the 22" wheels to see how much sidewall would be on it. Sara answered and got that for me.

• The 22” option are all-season tires. They are the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season, which are designed for max performance, max grip and stability while still offering the low rolling resistance benefits with a tire size of 275/50R22. At this time we do not have the exact information about the differences in the range between the tire options. More information will be available coming soon about that! The most efficient tire is the 21” option, with the 22” following closely behind.

• A full-sized spare tire is available for purchase for the R1T. In some states, the spare tire may be included based on local regulations.

• Currently, we are only offering the panoramic glass roof. The tinting has been carefully optimized to deliver high transparency while keeping UV out. Though, the glass is not for everyone—we totally get that! An open-air removable roof option will be offered for both vehicles in mid-2022. The pricing you see now is reflecting the panoramic glass roof.

• We are working on ways for our community to be able to see all the colors available in person, which has been challenging because of Covid restrictions and wanting to ensure everyone stays safe. We will announce more about that in the coming months.

• The current trim color is based on our logo color. For now, that is the standard color—but we never really know what the future may hold!

• Anytime we make updates we will notify you via email and social media!

• There are a few factors that determine the order for delivery:
  • The order in the preorder line, when your preorder deposit was originally placed
  • The vehicle modifications, the trim and add-ons
  • The delivery location.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Several days ago I asked; #1 If the truck had a bms and if leaving it plugged in for long periods of time would degrade the battery. #2 Hauling my electric dirt bike around I would need to have the rear wheel on the tailgate and would it cause harm. This was the response I got;

Hi Alan!

Thanks for reaching out to Rivian and for your patience! That is awesome that you have two electric motorcycles! My professor converted a Harley to an electric motorcycle—it was awesome!

In all Rivian vehicles, our batteries do have a battery management system (BMS) that ensures that no matter the fullness of the battery, it is utilizing the battery efficiently. Also, the BMS protects the battery from any damage that may occur from charging for long periods of time. Leaving it plugged in and not driving it for several months would have a negligible effect on the battery life.

As for the tailgate, the weight limit is 1000 pounds—I think your bike should be just fine!

Feel free to reach out anytime with any additional questions.

Your fellow adventurer,
Sara

Sponsored

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
I sent the following email to Rivian Customer Support on 11/19, and I have not received a response. Does anyone have an answer to my email question below?

Can you provide me with a complete list of safety features for the R1T? I have seen articles on Driver+ features, but nothing on the lower Tec features like the number and placement of airbags and other lower Tec safety features.

Received the following email back from Customer Support:

Hi Russ,

Thank you for reaching out to Rivian Customer Service, we'll be sharing more details around Rivian's safety features including airbags soon.

Feel free to reach out anytime with any additional questions.

Your fellow adventurer,
Adam
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT - M-F
Closed - Sa-Su

Last edited:

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I asked in chat today about the maximum weight the tonneau cover will hold. They did not have that information at this time and they do not recommend putting cargo on the tonneau cover.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I asked in chat today about the maximum weight the tonneau cover will hold. They did not have that information at this time and they do not recommend putting cargo on the tonneau cover.
I bet if you lay across it you would pop the seams.