First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
It might, I may have used the wrong word. Photo-chromatic is the correct word, I think.
See, that’s what I thought had replaced the electrochromic roof. Like those Transitions lenses on sunglasses that get darker in the light. But the mentioned that you can command the glass to change on-demand brings me back to electrochromic.

Honestly, idk. Someone should ask chat support
Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I've had chats with really nice helpful people and some others with CS reps that just seem to want to get the chat over with.
Have you come across any who seemed like the type of person that might have been watching the forum for a heavily discussed topic that had faded in intensity a bit, and figured they would fan the fire on a Friday afternoon?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Have you come across any who seemed like the type of person that might have been watching the forum for a heavily discussed topic that had faded in intensity a bit, and figured they would fan the fire on a Friday afternoon?
Just a couple of those :D

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Based on the people still talking about the pano roof and whether it is electrochromic or photo-sensitive...

Q. Ok. There has been some posts about it still being somewhat adjustable. Does Rivian call it something in particular?

A. While it is an adjusting tint, it is not the electrochromic roof.
At this point, it is just our panoramic glass roof!

Q. So it is auto-adjusting based off light input from the outside?

A. Yes, exactly. Similar to prescription sunglasses.

Hopefully this clears it up...

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So it’s just a normal ol’ photochromic roof. No commands can be given to it.

Guess that other chat person was misinformed. Or this one is. Or neither are. Or both are.

Is Rivian even a real company? Are we sure it’s not just an elaborate marketing scheme from REI and Patagonia?

Last edited:

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
So it’s just a normal ol’ photochromic roof. No commands can be given to it.

Guess that other chat person was misinformed. Or this one is. Or neither are. Or both are.

Is Rivian even a real company? Are we sure it’s not just an elaborate marketings scheme from REI and Patagonia?
.com.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Honestly, the manufacturer of the shell/camper top will probably incorporate the cutouts needed for gear tunnel button, tie downs, and tailgate button access.
I honestly hope so.

I was thinking of this type of camper shell.
1605914918362.png
That’s a slide in style - I use this type that sits on the bed rails and leaves the tailgate functional:
Rivian R1T R1S What We Know - Collecting Information Directly From Rivian CC9396D5-42F6-46FF-8A49-C95E6454AC64

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Based on the people still talking about the pano roof and whether it is electrochromic or photo-sensitive...

Q. Ok. There has been some posts about it still being somewhat adjustable. Does Rivian call it something in particular?

A. While it is an adjusting tint, it is not the electrochromic roof.
At this point, it is just our panoramic glass roof!

Q. So it is auto-adjusting based off light input from the outside?

A. Yes, exactly. Similar to prescription sunglasses.

Hopefully this clears it up...
Dude, I had written off the previous comment from Rivian CS about the automatic transparency as misinformation. Had another chat today that told me "that was the previous plan", but now I'm confused again.

Now I'm curious whether it will be a standard static tinted glass roof (like Tesla), or either photochromic or thermochromic.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Elevation 360° audio will be available as an option for the EP trim?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Does anyone know if the Elevation 360° audio will be available as an option for the EP trim?
Doubtful, seems like they're trying to standardize as much as possible & minimize mixing/matching.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Just finished reading all the 14 pages in this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed and to @Hexijen for compiling the list. It certainly helps to know what we are buying :).

In my Model S, the tinted glass rooftop doesn't cut it for me. On a sunny day with the outside weather (~44 degrees and greater) it can get pretty warm inside the car. I installed the sunshade that Tesla sells and even that did not help much. By the time I would reach work after a 45 mins commute, I would have a headache. I started wearing a hat as a work-around and that helped a lot. Finally, I ended up going to Joanns and getting a fabric which they had for car interior, cut it to size, stitched 4 suction cups to the fabric and mounted it along with the sunshade. Haven't taken it out for the last two years and it helps during the winter as well with climate control. It's a pity that I have to do something for a ~$90K vehicle. In my BMW X3 the panoramic roof has a sliding cover and it's such a blessing. We open it when we need it and it is motorized.

I hope Rivian does offer better-than-Tesla solution otherwise, I will have to do something similar or go with some after-market options for the R1S. It would be ok to have a manual one than have none at all IMHO.

Just as many of you have done, I am going to drop an email asking for the dark colored Tires to be presented as default options to chose from.
Sponsored

Last edited: