IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Wheel bolt pattern, from a chat with Justin just now:

> All Rivian vehicles use the same bolt pattern, (5x5.5) and swapping the tires will not be an issue.
That's great news. That is the same pattern as my IH Scout. Thanks
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
that is the part that actually secures to to the tire valve stem.
I assume that we will need an adapter if we want to use it on presta valves?

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Here's what I learned today about a folding rear floor or lack thereof by email from Brian at R-CS:
"R1S third row seats fold nearly flat, to put things in perspective, it is roughly 90% flat. "

Bolded letters were added by me. So, not flat, not even 97% flat, as someone else in the forum has said. This plus no full size spare, better looking 20" rims, and a few more considerations have pushed me into the R1T camp. Not a bad way to go.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Here's what I learned today about a folding rear floor or lack thereof by email from Brian at R-CS:
"R1S third row seats fold nearly flat, to put things in perspective, it is roughly 90% flat. "
Website says 3°. I believe what is in writing on the website vs the wide array of questionable answers or statements that have been made by Rivian CS.

Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I think a photo would save Rivian CS reps and those of us considering a need for a flat load floor a ton of time and headache. Why would a photo be difficult to produce?

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I assume that we will need an adapter if we want to use it on presta valves?
I want to k ow this too, since the main reasonI would use the compressor is for bikes.

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think a photo would save Rivian CS reps and those of us considering a need for a flat load floor a ton of time and headache. Why would a photo be difficult to produce?
Because they have not yet produced a production spec R1S is my guess. I totally agree that just taking a picture would solve a lot of these questions, but only _IF_ they have fully finalized the R1S interior design, and I’m not convinced they have. Anyone seen a photo of the R1S being assembled on their pilot line yet?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Because they have not yet produced a production spec R1S is my guess. I totally agree that just taking a picture would solve a lot of these questions, but only _IF_ they have fully finalized the R1S interior design, and I’m not convinced they have. Anyone seen a photo of the R1S being assembled on their pilot line yet?
I've thought the same, but they should definitely have a CGI version that they could share, even if no pilot production units have rolled off the line.

I'd like to see stills or an animation of how the 2nd row provides 3rd row access as well.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was hoping the 3rd row could actually be removeable as well. It would be a great option to store in the garage until needed (save some electrons when not needed) as well.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I've thought the same, but they should definitely have a CGI version that they could share, even if no pilot production units have rolled off the line.

I'd like to see stills or an animation of how the 2nd row provides 3rd row access as well.
I think the entire rear interior of the R1S top hat is in flux. I think they're still optimizing across max battery capacity, 3rd row usability (ingress/egress/folded away), spare tire storage, etc....

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I was hoping the 3rd row could actually be removeable as well. It would be a great option to store in the garage until needed (save some electrons when not needed) as well.
I was told that the 3rd row would be removable with appropriate tools and knowledge. I think skyote was told that it would be easily removable (apologies to @skyote if I've got my references crossed).

Last edited:

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
So is the power tailgate for the R1T 100% out? Anyone have any information on this?
Sponsored