Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
It appears that the R1S launch edition is sold out - babbuino via Emma chat - 2020/11/18
  • This information was gleaned from a response to a different question, but seems to be fairly clear
  • User Jllodahl was able to select launch edition for a configuration as of 11/18
  • If you have not configured yet, please let us know if you are able to select the LE or not
I can confirm that today 11/19 R1S launch edition is still available in configurator
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone confirmed through customer support whether Tank Turn is even a thing anymore? I haven't seen it come up recently in the questions asked....

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Has anyone confirmed through customer support whether Tank Turn is even a thing anymore? I haven't seen it come up recently in the questions asked....
I did! They confirmed (J.R. Chat) that it is still a go!

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
it's stuff like this that i wonder how much of the 70k was wasted on insted of trying to make the price more affordable for us unwashed masses.
I get your sentiment, but that is clearly not what Rivian was going for with their first products, and I think Rivian's approach kind of makes a lot of sense. RJ has talked about the R1S/R1T being "halo" products, ie probably not something for the "unwashed masses". If I'm understanding their plan, it seems similar to how Tesla started with the Model S/X and than transitioned down to Model 3/Y.

I think it makes sense from Rivian's perspective - margins are probably better at the "halo" product price point and you don't quite need the same manufacturing capacity that you would need to turn a profit at a lower price point.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Not really when you think about the trucks being "adventurous forever". It would make sense to take the speaker and put it on a campsite table and listen to music and have lantern light. IMO
I don't disagree with the concept. I just feel such a combination would be a compromise in audio quality. I use a Sonos Move which has spectacular sound quality. It adapts the EQ automatically every time it's moved to optimize for it's surroundings. Maybe that makes me an audio snob, but I was a studio engineer in a past life. ?

Sponsored

stxgadgetgirl

First Name
Molly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460 and Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Clinical System Analyst
All R1Ts will have full size spare included. (J.R. and Katy both from chat)
Rear seats in R1T will be heated (Katy chat)
12-way driver and 8-way passenger power seats (Martin chat)
The R1S has a compact size spare, it's included in states that it's required and optional in other states. (Rebecca chat)

Thanks, stxgadgetgirl

Last edited:

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
ditch the factory bluetooth speaker, you can buy tons of those at best buy. besides, why are you going to have the truck playing music and draining battery? why not just stream from your phone like everyone does anyway. and what about your own music? will there be a hard drive or memory to upload things to? it's stuff like this that i wonder how much of the 70k was wasted on insted of trying to make the price more affordable for us unwashed masses.

alo make the air compressor stand alone add on option. please have sirius satellite option.
I may be mistaken, but I believe the speaker is a portable speaker that just has an integrated charging dock in the car. It can be removed, paired to your phone, then you play whatever you like wherever you like. Charging the speaker would have a negligible effect on the truck’s range, similar to charging your phone.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
The R1S has a compact size spare, it's included in states that it's required and optional in other states. (Rebecca chat)

Thanks, stxgadgetgirl
Lol. So is it only given for order from Rhode Island? As that is the only state that require spare tire as mandate.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Lol. So is it only given for order from Rhode Island? As that is the only state that require spare tire as mandate.
So does MD. But the info on this is very sketchy from Rivian. I have asked several times, and seem to get differing info every time. The current info is as follows:

R1T (full-size) and R1S (compact) will come with spare tires if mandated by law, and will be available for purchase otherwise.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I don't disagree with the concept. I just feel such a combination would be a compromise in audio quality. I use a Sonos Move which has spectacular sound quality. It adapts the EQ automatically every time it's moved to optimize for it's surroundings. Maybe that makes me an audio snob, but I was a studio engineer in a past life. ?
I am pretty sure that once we find out who the audio partner is, this will also be a moot point.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Wheel bolt pattern, from a chat with Justin just now:

> All Rivian vehicles use the same bolt pattern, (5x5.5) and swapping the tires will not be an issue.

5x140 iirc is the conversion. @skyote corrected me

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Wheel bolt pattern, from a chat with Justin just now:

> All Rivian vehicles use the same bolt pattern, (5x5.5) and swapping the tires will not be an issue.
I was curious about this, thanks for posting! You didn't happen to ask about wheel width or backspacing/offset, did you?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)