First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

The Bluetooth speaker that comes with the LE and Adventure package doubles as a lantern with multiple brightness settings of 30%, 60%, 100%, or 0% (off). The play time for said BT speaker is 6.5 hours.
Sponsored

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm a bit annoyed. Ive had Verde All Seasons on a couple of my previous SUVs. I would prefer them on a 22". We get *just enough* snow in KY (2-3 times a year, but one is 6") where I'd be worried about the Zeros. I'd love a 22" verde as a choice. Wont happen, but then you get the looks and the range.

I will be very interested to see what the range is for each set. Its something they HAVE to list beforehand.
Are you thinking P Zero (performance summer tires) or Scorpion Zero (what will come on the Rivians)? I donā€™t have experience with them, but the Pirelli website rates the snow performance identical (7/10) for both the Scorpion Zero AS and the Scorpion Verdi AS, and the tread designs are very similar. Either way, Pirelli makes a non-Rivian branded 275/50R22 Verdi AS that you could put on the 22s if you have your heart set on that.
Iā€˜ve got everything else locked in, but am going in circles trying to make a decision on which wheels/tires to go with on the R1S. Good thing is it seems like this is something we can change up to the payment and build date lock next year, so hopefully we will get more information to help make the decision in the next few months.

BBeach

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Are you thinking P Zero (performance summer tires) or Scorpion Zero (what will come on the Rivians)? I donā€™t have experience with them, but the Pirelli website rates the snow performance identical (7/10) for both the Scorpion Zero AS and the Scorpion Verdi AS, and the tread designs are very similar. Either way, Pirelli makes a non-Rivian branded 275/50R22 Verdi AS that you could put on the 22s if you have your heart set on that.
Iā€˜ve got everything else locked in, but am going in circles trying to make a decision on which wheels/tires to go with on the R1S. Good thing is it seems like this is something we can change up to the payment and build date lock next year, so hopefully we will get more information to help make the decision in the next few months.
I went with the 22' wheels as most of my driving will be city and based on aesthetics only. I guess my range will suffer but probably just nominally. As far as snow is concerned the four independent motors and weight will take care of quite a bit of slip I believe.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The Bluetooth speaker that comes with the LE and Adventure package doubles as a lantern with multiple brightness settings of 30%, 60%, 100%, or 0% (off). The play time for said BT speaker is 6.5 hours.
That's pretty cool!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
You guys are really giving the Rivian customer support team a run! I totally get it, and I also have things I am disappointed about. High on my list is opening rear window (which was never promised) and opening (or removable) roof (removable has been promised, sort of). I have been waiting for more than a year now, so I guess I am going to have to wait for at least another year until they produce something that is exactly what I want. (I really can't go with the 135 pack.) It is hard waiting, and I might be distracted by a squirrel before the 180 is produced, but these are 1st world problems. Right?

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery

All rivian tires are Pirelli Scorpion - the Scorpion zero is what I'm referring to. Tire rack has very poor reviews from the Scorpion zero. Mostly from Land Rover owners.

Also, verde were great AS tires, id rather have more range than grip. This arent Prius LRR tires, theres still plenty of grip in standard form (the Verdes)

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Exciting. I'm much happier with a boom box than lidar, yo bro.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
This feature sounds a bit gimmicky to me. ??ā€ā™‚

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
If the open roof bothers you, I might suggest a roof rack with a solid or tight mesh bottom. I know its not the same as just being able to opt out of a glass roof, but on the upside you could remove the rack when conditions were right.
Does something like that actually exist?

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

Does something like that actually exist?
The Gobi Ranger rack I had on my jeep had a metal mesh in the back. Love that rack. Obviously, that wont mount to a Rivian, but my guess is that at least a few companies will make a rack that fits into the rivian's rack mount points.

You could easily add a mesh cover between the bars of any rack, and maybe even just directly between the rivian crossbars. If you arent putting anything on the rack, its probably a heavy aerodynamics hit for some shade.

Personally i think something on the interior is a better choice if you arent going to be using the rack, since Rivian has put alot of effort into the aero.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

probably a duplicate (or triplicate) point, but I got email from Rivian customer service acknowledging that many people getting the Launch Edition are requesting the option for dark-tone wheels. Response basically that Rivian is listening and future options may be available.
I asked the same question today about making the black-out rims available on the LE. I was told Iā€™m not the first person to ask about this, so the answer wasnā€™t ā€œnoā€. Was also told not to save any configuration changes if you have the LE, because you could potentially lose it in the next few days, but we will be able to add/delete different accessories as they become available over the next few months.

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

I asked the same question today about making the black-out rims available on the LE. I was told Iā€™m not the first person to ask about this, so the answer wasnā€™t ā€œnoā€. Was also told not to save any configuration changes if you have the LE, because you could potentially lose it in the next few days, but we will be able to add/delete different accessories as they become available over the next few months.
Hmm since you have a reservation of both the R1S and R1T, was that comment directed at the R1T specifically? We have already had a hint at the R1S being sold out, but nothing about the R1T yet

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Hmm since you have a reservation of both the R1S and R1T, was that comment directed at the R1T specifically? We have already had a hint at the R1S being sold out, but nothing about the R1T yet
Well, I wasnā€™t aware of the potential of the R1S LE being sold out when I spoke with Customer Engagement earlier, so I didnā€™t specify. The employee simply stated not to save any changes. I questioned the fact that the only option was to completely reconfigure the vehicle, and she understood the confusion. She said if we have the LE right now, just sit tight and we will be informed of additional accessories soon.
Sponsored