Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I didnt qualify my question with either S or T, so I'd imagine this is a universal response. Im really bummed about this. It was one of my favorite features.
It is cool, like the power tailgate but the cost would have been substantial. Mercedes offers one on their S class and it is $4950. Even at half that cost, is it worth it?

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Both the R1T and R1S. Just a UV tint that apparently is the best in the biz! Haha.
I need more info on this. They should change the video on Slide 4 of 5 under “Section 2: Experience” on the website (and in our config emails). The video could imply an electromagnetic sunroof since that’s what many have been thinking and I thought I was looking at in the dynamic illustration of the sunroof for the different packages (yes, I know the windshield also changes to night).

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

Not to me, but i have heard that tesla owners complain about glare on a glass roof. It doesnt seem that the roof has a slider to close it off, so I wonder how that will be. I prefer open top vehicles so ill put up with it no matter what

Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Not to me, but i have heard that tesla owners complain about glare on a glass roof. It doesnt seem that the roof has a slider to close it off, so I wonder how that will be. I prefer open top vehicles so ill put up with it no matter what
No slider either (manual or automatic). I was going back and forth with a rep on this. No slider/No electrochromic. Just a specialized or super duper (or whatever she said) UV tint. We'll see how it works out!

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Blindspot indicator
Surround View Camera
This is great to hear. Lack of Surround View Camera would be a deal breaker for me. How would you rate the confidence of the Rivian representative? :)
I'm asking because I asked the same question today on the Rivian chat and was told that they don't know, but don't think Surround View/Top-down view will be available.

EDIT:
Regarding glass roof I'm not worried about that. I currently have full glass roof and that is not a problem. I live in Tennessee, so not as hot as some parts of the country, but 100F in summer happens pretty often.

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It is cool, like the power tailgate but the cost would have been substantial. Mercedes offers one on their S class and it is $4950. Even at half that cost, is it worth it?
And this is a surprise to them? They were the ones that were in "stealth mode" for 10 years, making "millions of decisions behind the scenes" to get this right. Rivian was the one that claimed their show model was production intent, and they were the ones that had all the time to get their ducks in a row, determine costs and margins, before saying hey this is everything youre gonna get for 69k. Then 6 months later say, actually half of that we're not gonna offer, and the other half you have to pay extra for!

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
This is great to hear. Lack of Surround View Camera would be a deal breaker for me. How would you rate the confidence of the Rivian representative? :)
I'm asking because I asked the same question today on the Rivian chat and was told that they don't know, but don't think Surround View/Top-down view will be available.

EDIT:
Regarding glass roof I'm not worried about that. I currently have full glass roof and that is not a problem. I live in Tennessee, so not as hot as some parts of the country, but 100F in summer happens pretty often.
Here in Phoenix we had 100 plus days hitting at least 100. Spent 55 years under the bay fog so yes it was my choice. That's why my Porsche has metal roof.

Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
In a chat a few moments ago with Caitlin:
Me: i noticed the change in terminology for the battery packs. is the 300+ mile still a 135kwh pack?

Caitlin: Yes, generally speaking! Our design team has worked to do the most with the least amount of space, so it does end up being slightly less than 135.

The idea is still there, just a new way to talk about it!

Me: i have changed and saved my configuration many times. i know that i want a Launch Edition. Is there a date time that i need to leave it as i actually want it so i dont lose that LE?

Caitlin: While you can contiune to make changes at any time, if you are concerned about securing a Launch Edition I would make those selections final before it opens to the public on Nov 23!

Me: are you able to discuss infotainment options such as android auto/carplay etc...

Caitlin: We are utilizing Alexa in our systems!

We will be sharing more details on that in the future.

Me: so does that mean i can play my amazon music?

Caitlin: Yes, anything you can do with Alexa you will be able to do in the Rivian!

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX

EDIT:
Couldn't say about the rep's confidence level. But, he definitely copied and pasted a ready made list. Take that with a grain of salt. It doesn't really guarantee anything....BUT, if I was a betting man (just lost a lot in Vegas a few weeks ago), and I was sharing a list, I would make sure it's accurate before letting it fly on a chat. Although, I've been know to close my eyes and type random stuff at times, so i'm not one to ask!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'm questioning the spare tire comments, since the website still says this:

"
Do the vehicles come with a spare tire?
A full-sized spare tire is available for purchase for the R1T, with a compact spare tire available for purchase for the R1S. In some states, this may be included based on local regulations.

"
If they couldn't fit a full size spare inside the R1S, couldn't they just put it on the back door like a real adventure vehicle... not sure how many off roaders carry a donut... its a pity really since the R1S should be more capable off road than the R1T...