First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thought I would share this from another site... Some interesting information.

Rivian R1T R1S What We Know - Collecting Information Directly From Rivian 1615941607843
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I know there had been some discussion on other threads about whether or not there would be a 360° Camera system.

“Surround View Camera” sounds like a synonym to 360° Camera to me!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I know there had been some discussion on other threads about whether or not there would be a 360° Camera system.

Hope so.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The Rivian rep in the Georgia state house video definitely confirmed birds-eye view would be available.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. I checked with CS re. plugging in a cooler (like a Dometic). They confirmed 2 things re power and size:

1- There's a 12V DC outlet in the Frunk. It's connected to the same 15A circuit as are the other 12v DC and 110v AC outlets.
2- The frunk dimensions are the same for R1T and R1S, and are as follows:
  • 25.5 in long
  • 54.8 in wide
  • 22.7 in. deep
If anyone is looking for frunk dimensions, hope this helps.

Now the question is which Dometic (or alternative) Cooler to buy. Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I emailed CS to get some specific dimensions on the doors. While I didn't get what I wanted, I was told that the R1S' width with mirrors open is 86.97 inches and with mirrors folded is 81.73 inches. This is different from what's on the website for mirrors folded (79 in). I wrote back to ask if they were aware of this discrepancy but haven't heard back yet.

Edit: heard back and got confirmation that what's currently on the website is wrong:
Thank you for your patience while we research this matter! There has been some miscommunication as far as the measurement listed on the website and I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention! I have shared this with my teammates, and we will be fixing this issue ASAP. I just want to confirm that the measurements that I gave you are the correct measurement and as we get closer to launch, we will have the more specific specifications that you are requesting!
Edit 2: for anyone interested, here is what I originally asked for:
- length of the front door
- angle that either front door makes with the vehicle when fully open
- distance from vehicle side to edge of the door when fully open
- thickness of the actual door assembly itself

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
1- There's a 12V DC outlet in the Frunk. It's connected to the same 15A circuit as are the other 12v DC and 110v AC outlets.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say the CSR was mistaken.

12V circuits are DC and 110-120V “household” circuits are AC.

Furthermore, even if they shared the same fuse and the inverter was down-line, a 15A fuse feeding an inverter would only allow 180W max power draw (and real-world would be less since the inverter cannot be 100% efficient). And we know that is false, since Rivian says the household outlets will support 1800W.

The 12V “cigarette plug” circuits are certainly separate from the “household” outlet circuit(s).

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. I checked with CS re. plugging in a cooler (like a Dometic). They confirmed 2 things re power and size:

• 25.5 in long
  • 54.8 in wide
  • 22.7 in. deep

Now the question is which Dometic (or alternative) Cooler to buy. Any suggestions appreciated.
I had thought how great it would be also to have an electric cooler in the frunk...my concern was how do you disperse the heat?

This is the response I got from Bryan (CS).

In terms of the front trunk, there is a 12v outlet that can found in this area of the vehicle, however, there is not a cooler integrated into the front trunk, and I apologize if there was any confusion. The R1T however, has a rear storage bin under the truck bed floor with enough room to fit the optional full-sized spare tire. When empty, it can also double as a cooler with a plug for easy drainage.

Jimbo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette - BMWs

• 25.5 in long
  • 54.8 in wide
  • 22.7 in. deep

Thanks Sdvictor!

What timing. I was just looking at the Dometic's last night, and was considering the CFX3 45, but was waiting for more info on the frunk sizing.

I was going between the CFX3 35 or 45, and both are the same size, except the 45 is 2-3" taller, and only about 4 pounds heavier.

I'm trying to keep the weight reasonable, as you have to lift the cooler up and in/out of the frunk, and I don't think I need a larger one (hope I'm right as these are expensive).

I was hoping there would be an outlet - either 12V or even electric in the frunk, just for this purpose, so thanks for confirming it.

Also not sure if Rivian will be offering one, as they are always showing the green color cooler in the videos, but I'm not sure if it is electric/DC powered, or just a regular type cooler. When they place the cooler in the frunk, it looks like they are almost 'snapping' it into place, or onto something, but they never show the details or inside after the cooler is positioned.

I've been trying to see if I could find (similar) one on the web, but no luck yet.

I also came across a Helus E60L powered cooler that looked very nice as well, and comes with a batter built in, but it too big for my needs. You might want to check it out though...

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’m going to go out on a limb and say the CSR was mistaken.

12V circuits are DC and 110-120V “household” circuits are AC.

Furthermore, even if they shared the same fuse and the inverter was down-line, a 15A fuse feeding an inverter would only allow 180W max power draw (and real-world would be less since the inverter cannot be 100% efficient). And we know that is false, since Rivian says the household outlets will support 1800W.

The 12V “cigarette plug” circuits are certainly separate from the “household” outlet circuit(s).
Yeah, i was wondering how that worked also. I wish there was a way to look back at the CS request chat and see the transcript. In any case, that 15A total system load statement stuck out to me too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

I emailed CS to get some specific dimensions on the doors. While I didn't get what I wanted, I was told that the R1S' width with mirrors open is 86.97 inches and with mirrors folded is 81.73 inches. This is different from what's on the website for mirrors folded (79 in). I wrote back to ask if they were aware of this discrepancy but haven't heard back yet.
Let me know what they say, I really want to know the mirror width as well

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Let me know what they say, I really want to know the mirror width as well
Just heard back and updated my post - the width listed on the website is not accurate, and what they sent me via email is correct.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just heard back and updated my post - the width listed on the website is not accurate, and what they sent me via email is correct.
Well... it's all over now. I think we just lost half the pre-orders around here because Rivian published incorrect data on their web site. ?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Purely anecdotal, but for what it's worth: we wanted a refrig for our van. Dometic is the big name, so that is what we got. 1st one was DOA. Returned for replacement. This one leaked what I assume was refrigerant+oil all over our floor. Returned for replacement. 3rd times the charm, right? No, only worked on 110, the 12v DC didn't work.

Returned for refund and bought a Whynter. Has worked flawlessly.

At Home Depot: Refrig/Freezer
At Amazon: smaller Refrig/Freezer
Sponsored