Sponsored

What We Do Not Know - Important Information Still Needed to Make an Informed Decision

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
There’s still ~8 months before R1S deliveries start. They might achieve true level by then!

Or maybe we can nag them into it like we did with the black wheels on the LE
As long as its not a $3,500 option! :like:
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Here they are in their natural habitat! Getting filthy mere days after grooming
Rivian R1T R1S What We Do Not Know - Important Information Still Needed to Make an Informed Decision 4414120A-99C9-4791-B0EE-159013922C63

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Here they are in their natural habitat! Getting filthy mere days after grooming
4414120A-99C9-4791-B0EE-159013922C63.jpeg
Your pup on the right looks identical to the big guy I had. Such great dogs!

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
If the 3rd row doesn't fold flat enough to properly support the floor of a dog crate then I may have to forego the LE and wait for the 2 row Adventure. Really wish the 2 row version were available with LE. Not only do I not want to have to wait until 2022 for my R1S and lose the LE "perks" but I have absolutely zero use for 3rd row seating.
Ha. The so called “LE” perks mean nothing to me. Don’t want “launch green” and don’t care about LE “interior badging” that means absolutely nothing. The only benefit is the wheel upgrade cost being included if you want one of those options. I’m all-in on the 5 seater and possibly max pack. I also don’t mind waiting.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Ha. The so called “LE” perks mean nothing to me. Don’t want “launch green” and don’t care about LE “interior badging” that means absolutely nothing. The only benefit is the wheel upgrade cost being included if you want one of those options. I’m all-in on the 5 seater and possibly max pack. I also don’t mind waiting.
I was primarily referring to the $1800 wheel upgrade although I have not ruled out Launch Green until I can see all the colors in person (or at least some decent photos). And I very much do mind waiting, I've been waiting long enough as it is. No clue yet if I care about Priority Delivery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I was primarily referring to the $1800 wheel upgrade although I have not ruled out Launch Green until I can see all the colors in person (or at least some decent photos). And I very much do mind waiting, I've been waiting long enough as it is. No clue yet if I care about Priority Delivery.
Priority delivery simply means 2021.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Priority delivery simply means 2021.
From Rivian Customer Service via e-mail:

* How and where would I take delivery?

We will come to you. This will be a unique and special process, specifically designed to surprise and delight our customers.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
He really didn't seem much phased (it hurts to look at the picture) and wasn't remorseful enough to refrain from bothering porcupines in the future. I guess it's pretty common up there. When I called the vet the receptionist called out "Doc, I've got a man with two quill dogs. Can we fit him in?". The customs guy just said "Guess I don't have to ask where you are headed."

OP
OP

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I happened to stumble upon a picture of my Leo male.

Quills_DSC1389.jpg
Hmmm . . . trying to think of what this means in terms of info from Rivian. Maybe: we need information on an optional (required?!) porcupine quill removal set?

Glad to hear the dog was no worse for wear.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
What it means is that if you have a Rivian full of Leonbergers in the Quebec woods, don't let them out of the car.

Most of the damage was to the owner's wallet even though the owner did half the work (the vet gave him a shot which knocked him out and then gave me and a tech each a pair of haemostats and said get to work and when we were finished he gave him another shot which woke him up).
Sponsored