Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Honestly that is your best solution just keep in mind filter cost/process to change them can also be a PIA.
yeah... now i just need to research salt based softener vs the non salt version... Non salt is better for the environment and doesn't need salt constantly replaced, but is the best for not leaving spots.
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I was wondering that... I am going to get a ceramic coating done professionally, but was thinking of also getting a spray with ceramic coating in it to apply after washing, kind of like the final part of the wash. (not sure what you would call that type of spray, hopefully you know what I mean. a "finishing" spray after the wash)
I’ve been satisfied with the results of this, appears to aid beading and such. I aimed for applying at every other wash or so. Best to have a power washer for spraying it off.

Meguiar's G190532SP Hybrid Ceramic Wax - The Car Enthusiast's Car Wax, 32 Fluid Ounces

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

vicq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4
yeah... now i just need to research salt based softener vs the non salt version... Non salt is better for the environment and doesn't need salt constantly replaced, but is the best for not leaving spots.
In my experience, the non-salt ones don’t actually work. Idea sounds good but seems like a scam. They still left hard water spots on my faucets and shower. I ended up ripping mine out and put in a salt-based softener. But I use potassium pellets rather than sodium.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Here's how I wash my Model 3, with all products linked in the description. Obviously you can wash any car this same way, so your future Rivian (and mine) will work.

"it looks like they have a hose attachment that sprays foam on the car to make it a lot more "touchless". It looks kind of like a nozzle with a bottle hanging on it."

It's called a foam cannon :D. You need a pressure washer for the foam cannon to work properly. The video will help everything make sense.
MMMMMmmmmm, FOAM!!!!!

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Could you also use this sprayer to apply the foam soap?
I suppose? Not a great sprayer with much power. Better to get a foam cannon.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Good evening

As my delivery grows closer, I am trying to get ready for my R1T and know I will end up hand washing it like I did my Tesla in the beginning. On some of the videos for washing your car when you have a ceramic coat, it looks like they have a hose attachment that sprays foam on the car to make it a lot more "touchless". It looks kind of like a nozzle with a bottle hanging on it.

Does anyone know the equipment they use and if it just attaches to your normal hose or do you need a pressure washer?

Thank you as always

Adam
I would be very curious to hear any responses from those that have the XPEL wrap. How does one wash their car when it has PPF applied? Same rules as those for ceramic coat?
Sponsored