Sponsored

What surprised you - preferably in a good way?

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Surprised in a good way -> Really enjoying off-road and the off-road modes.

Surprised in a bad way -> Really enjoying off-road as this is dangerous to ones wallet

:p
Sponsored

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
In all-purpose, soft suspension setting this thing is ridiculously smooth. I've driven in tons of vehicles and this suspension is just on another level. It really doesn't drive like a 7k truck.

A lot of people on the forum will say sports car, and for a truck, yes its about as close as you get. What shocked me was how smooth this thing could be when it wants to.

Also suspension related- there is really something for everyone. Its not like the dynamic chassis control in my old GTI- different modes truly make huge changes to the way this vehicle behaves.

2nd would be sheer amount of storage. Between the frunk and gear tunnel I have more storage then I did combined in my old car. That's not even mentioning the bed.

Last, fit finish and quality are outstanding for a new entrant. The truck has surpassed all expectations- only negative for me is infotainment.
Have you found the suspension in all-purpose mode to be noticeably smoother than in sport mode? I have found the car to be pretty harsh on bumps in sport mode.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Have you found the suspension in all-purpose mode to be noticeably smoother than in sport mode? I have found the car to be pretty harsh on bumps in sport mode.
Sport to all purpose is night and day.

In sport mode you can feel most bumps in the road- even small.

In all purpose-soft you feel almost nothing unless its a speed bump. In all purpose-firm its closer to like driving my GTI was, where you have good road feedback but you don't feel everything.

I commute in all purpose soft and its like driving on a damn cloud. Around town I'm in all purpose firm or sport (more rare). Unfortunately most of my driving is boring, I'm going to have a chance for some nice backroads this upcoming weekend- I'll be in sport then...

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I was surprised to find that the center console cubby fits a regular height paper tower roll almost exactly. Pretty useful and left me wondering if that was one of the intended use cases… Still room leftover for the few other knick knacks I already had in there.

Also, with the folding floor in the frunk stowed, I was able to fit our (small/medium) roller-board luggage with the wheels down. Again, almost an exact fit.
Sponsored