Sponsored

What summer wheels and tires to buy moving forward?

Titanium91352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Design Engineeer
I currently have a R1T Launch Edition with the 20" All Terrain tires. Estimated range is 293 miles conserve model fully charge.

My question to the group, during the summer months I don't need the AT tires and would like to go for maximum range tire basically having two sets of wheels and tires to be swapped out when the snow arrives and leaves.

1. What tire and wheel combination would give me the best range and highway handling?
2. Since my vehicle information shows me the configuration I currently have, how do I reset that configuration if I go to a different wheel and tire?

Thanks
Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I currently have a R1T Launch Edition with the 20" All Terrain tires. Estimated range is 293 miles conserve model fully charge.

My question to the group, during the summer months I don't need the AT tires and would like to go for maximum range tire basically having two sets of wheels and tires to be swapped out when the snow arrives and leaves.

1. What tire and wheel combination would give me the best range and highway handling?
2. Since my vehicle information shows me the configuration I currently have, how do I reset that configuration if I go to a different wheel and tire?

Thanks
I am very happy with my 22"...I would stay away from the 21" because of the difficulty of finding an alternative 21" tire if the Rivian Pirellis are ever constrained and you have a blow out.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am very happy with my 22"...I would stay away from the 21" because of the difficulty of finding an alternative 21" tire if the Rivian Pirellis are ever constrained and you have a blow out.
Just buy an extra tire while you can. Also tire blowouts are rather unusual if you pay attention to tire pressure and road debris.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Just buy an extra tire while you can. Also tire blowouts are rather unusual if you pay attention to tire pressure and road debris.
Unusual, but they do happen. Besides blowouts, picking up a nail that damages the tire too severely for it to be fixed happens too. I have the full size spare, of course, but having had the experience of driving around on a spare for way too long because I had an unusual tire configuration while the correct tire was shipped, well, to each his own, but not for me.
Sponsored