Sponsored

What size is the AC aux power inverter in the R1T?

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
Ford's new F-150 Hybrid is coming with a 7.2kW (opt) and a 2.3kW standard.

Anyone hear much on the R1T inverter? I did a search and failed.
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

2 15A outlets.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director

i didn’t think that was the inverter, instead is the additional battery component on Ford. I figure the R1T taps into its 135/180kWh battery. Then Rivian has a 20 amp outlet at 110 volts this outputs a max of around 2,200 watts or 2.2kWh I’d guess.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
i didn’t think that was the inverter, instead is the additional battery component on Ford. I figure the R1T taps into its 135/180kWh battery. Then Rivian has a 20 amp outlet at 110 volts this outputs a max of around 2,200 watts or 2.2kWh I’d guess.
The 7.2kW is the inverter.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I don't think that information has been released. All we know is: "The R1T includes a 110v outlet in the center console, gear tunnel and two in the truck bed." We also know they'll have a typical household rating of 15A. It's quite possible that those are driven by a single, shared circuit, resulting in a total of 1800W available. Could be multiple dedicated circuits, providing more aggregate power. No info on the inverter supplying the power.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I was told long ago at the mill valley event the 11kW charger can be run in reverse and put out 11kW AC. Hopefully this stays true

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was told long ago at the mill valley event the 11kW charger can be run in reverse and put out 11kW AC. Hopefully this stays true
This would make sense for Rivian-to-Rivian (or any EV) charging, but also not, since it could ostensibly output DC directly to the other Rivian and avoid conversion losses.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I asked Rivian a month or so ago, if similar to the new Ford F-150 Hybrid if I could power some items in my camper? Actually, the F-150 could power everything including my A/C. The response I got back was there are only 2 -110 outlets in the bed and no it is only meant to power small applications. They did not give me any specifics on how much power the inverter will be able to support. If this holds true, it's a huge miss on Rivian.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I asked Rivian a month or so ago, if similar to the new Ford F-150 Hybrid if I could power some items in my camper? Actually, the F-150 could power everything including my A/C. The response I got back was there are only 2 -110 outlets in the bed and no it is only meant to power small applications. They did not give me any specifics on how much power the inverter will be able to support. If this holds true, it's a huge miss on Rivian.
We know that the outlet in the gear tunnel will supply the 1440W camp stove and the pump (and heater) for the sink.

I think they have said two separate 15A circuits, but like many things, need to wait to know for sure.

OP
OP
McRat

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
We know that the outlet in the gear tunnel will supply the 1440W camp stove and the pump (and heater) for the sink.

I think they have said two separate 15A circuits, but like many things, need to wait to know for sure.
Twin 120vac x 15a (NEMA 5-15) circuits are 3.6 kW which is a good. Single 15a service at 1,800w not so much.

My plan if possible, is to sell my gas dirt bikes, and replace them with Zero FX dirtbikes and charge them at base camp. Two outlets let you use the accessory charger, and charge an empty zf3.6 bike in 2 hours.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
What I figures the 11kW AC output would be from the charge port. An adapter would be needed to get to a 50 amp 240VAC plug. No reason that I know of the charger can’t be made to run in reverse.
Sponsored