Sponsored

What screws to fasten OEM Front License Plate Mount ?

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I like this setup for the ridiculous overkill factor. Security Torx + washer in stainless steel. Four of these mounting a plate looks pretty nice. This is not my R1T (still waiting for a plate) but I expect to do the same.

screw.jpg

I picked these up at an ACE Hardware (in Burlington, but I bet most WA locations have them). I already have the tools but you can buy a 1/4 inch drive to fit, also at ACE.
Good idea for security purposes. Both front and back. Although screws on the back are a different spec.

How long have you been waiting on registration? I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised when my new plates showed up about 6 weeks after delivery.
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Good idea for security purposes. Both front and back. Although screws on the back are a different spec.

How long have you been waiting on registration? I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised when my new plates showed up about 6 weeks after delivery.
I actually received my plates a few days ago, which works out to be 6 weeks also. But, I immediately went down to the licensing office and ordered "special plates" (non personalized San Juan Island style) so I'm waiting again.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I like this setup for the ridiculous overkill factor. Security Torx + washer in stainless steel. Four of these mounting a plate looks pretty nice. This is not my R1T (still waiting for a plate) but I expect to do the same.

screw.jpg

I picked these up at an ACE Hardware (in Burlington, but I bet most WA locations have them). I already have the tools but you can buy a 1/4 inch drive to fit, also at ACE.
Do you have the screw size? It would make it much easier for me and others. I didn't get the front screws with the factory mount.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
The 10-24 1/2" for the front plate work o.k. However, If you have a license plate frame, I would go a bit longer, like I did. These are stainless steel security torx (TT25 driver) and are 5/8" (shank length).

The rear OE are 3/4 inch long, also shown in the picture.

EDIT: I'm still using the OE screws for the rear right now, the front screws do not look compatible.

Rivian R1T R1S What screws to fasten OEM Front License Plate Mount ? plate screws

Last edited:

Sponsored

maddave12

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Selfless supporter of the economy
Clubs

Mine, also, only came with rear screws (and Washington state requires both plates). Good to know what to go buy!

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can ask SC and they will give you OE screws. I did and got them. It's a 4 pack with part number and everything.

Mofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, '23 Sprinter AWD High Roof, '17 VW eGolf
Clubs

You can ask SC and they will give you OE screws. I did and got them. It's a 4 pack with part number and everything.
mine didn’t come with any screws. What after market screws would work. Thinking about getting black ones.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mine didn’t come with any screws. What after market screws would work. Thinking about getting black ones.
I would say ask the Service Center by calling Rivian. They forgot them and they need to fix it. I was given an option to ship the screws or picking them up.

EDIT: I think they are black, but having originals will help you find in the desired color.

Mofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, '23 Sprinter AWD High Roof, '17 VW eGolf
Clubs

Thanks. Yep, I pinged my guide. I say another new Rivian that had silver screws. We’ll see. I also got on anti theft ones from Amazon that might be the same size. Although a good thief will have the exact tool needed anyway…and I’ve never had a plate stolen.
Sponsored