What screws to fasten OEM Front License Plate Mount ?

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911, Fiat 500
Occupation
Tech
I like this setup for the ridiculous overkill factor. Security Torx + washer in stainless steel. Four of these mounting a plate looks pretty nice. This is not my R1T (still waiting for a plate) but I expect to do the same.

screw.jpg

I picked these up at an ACE Hardware (in Burlington, but I bet most WA locations have them). I already have the tools but you can buy a 1/4 inch drive to fit, also at ACE.
Good idea for security purposes. Both front and back. Although screws on the back are a different spec.

How long have you been waiting on registration? I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised when my new plates showed up about 6 weeks after delivery.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ND, Gen5 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Good idea for security purposes. Both front and back. Although screws on the back are a different spec.

How long have you been waiting on registration? I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised when my new plates showed up about 6 weeks after delivery.
I actually received my plates a few days ago, which works out to be 6 weeks also. But, I immediately went down to the licensing office and ordered "special plates" (non personalized San Juan Island style) so I'm waiting again.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL, CBR 600RR
I like this setup for the ridiculous overkill factor. Security Torx + washer in stainless steel. Four of these mounting a plate looks pretty nice. This is not my R1T (still waiting for a plate) but I expect to do the same.

screw.jpg

I picked these up at an ACE Hardware (in Burlington, but I bet most WA locations have them). I already have the tools but you can buy a 1/4 inch drive to fit, also at ACE.
Do you have the screw size? It would make it much easier for me and others. I didn't get the front screws with the factory mount.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ND, Gen5 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
The 10-24 1/2" for the front plate work o.k. However, If you have a license plate frame, I would go a bit longer, like I did. These are stainless steel security torx (TT25 driver) and are 5/8" (shank length).

The rear OE are 3/4 inch long, also shown in the picture.

EDIT: I'm still using the OE screws for the rear right now, the front screws do not look compatible.

plate screws.jpg

Last edited: