Sponsored

What Running Boards / Sliders Are These?

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
I'd really like to see how and where they attached those. There's next to nothing under there but a plastic/carbon fiber shield. I've been dinking around with fabricating my own brackets to hold manufacturer bars but I can't find anyway this is going to work without drilling, cutting and likely modifying the shield OR coming up with some crazy heavy/strong brackets that would stretch quite a ways into the center of the truck, if not all the way across the underside, to avoid the plastic shields on each side..

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I wish I would have bookmarked some of the photo's discussions I've seen on the web as I've seen this/them. As it is then, this forum has a thread with pictures of the vehicles in a state of manufacture so as to give you a view into the structure of the vehicle without the fancy body panels added. Search it. I would also search the US Patent and Trade Office for diagrams/pictures. I know it's out there just can't remember. If I find I'll post here.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

My wife would approve of a set, she's only 5'1" on a windy day...

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Who knows, but they need to be produced, assuming they can hold the weight of the vehicle. But they need to come out a bit more to really protect the body in a rocky environment (or doors in a parking lot). If you watch the MotorTrend video where they did Black Bear Pass I can almost 100% say that the driver tagged the big rock on the inside of the 1st super tight hairpin in a pretty epic way. They never showed the passenger side of the truck after that.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I'd really like to see how and where they attached those. There's next to nothing under there but a plastic/carbon fiber shield. I've been dinking around with fabricating my own brackets to hold manufacturer bars but I can't find anyway this is going to work without drilling, cutting and likely modifying the shield OR coming up with some crazy heavy/strong brackets that would stretch quite a ways into the center of the truck, if not all the way across the underside, to avoid the plastic shields on each side..
The Munro tear down revealed how wide the frame is - something like despite being 6 inches narrower than a Ford the distance between the sides of the frame is 9 inches wider. So, the frame runs right alongside the edge of the truck, making it pretty easy to secure these to. Would just have to remove that plastic trim and there you go.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There are a shitload of big bolts that hold the battery tray to the frame that are under the side panels. There are also some big bolts that go into the frame to hold it to the body. See this part of the munro video:
Rivian R1T R1S What Running Boards / Sliders Are These? 1657658017912