Sponsored

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

• LA silver

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Glacier white

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Red canyon

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Rivian blue

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Limestone

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Forest green

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Launch green

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • El Cap Granite

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Compass yellow

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 37 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

If I had LE I'd go with LG but the next best to me is Forest Green. I put undecided (because Limestone) but it's probably going to be FG.
Sponsored

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Really like yellow and forest green, but will likely go with white for practical reasons -- voted undecided.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
This is exactly my thought. 100% agreed
This is also my current config. I originally picked white (black interior). The white with black roof looks really sharp. But we have a white model 3 and white honda pilot. So I started eying up (actual) color options. And very recently pre-ordered an R1T as well to replace the Model 3 (R1S LE will replace the Pilot).

Configuration for both is:
- R1S LE: Forest Green w/ Black interior
- R1T Adventure: Rivian Blue w/ Black interior

But I am still not 100% sure. Every time I see one of the other colors I second guess my R1S FG decision: LG, Granite, White.

Thankfully(?!) I'm in Canada and have an R1S pre-ordered, so I will start to see more photos of the early R1T deliveries in US to help decide. But sadly probably won't get a chance to see one in person before we have to commit.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

For us LG fans- how much does the limited run of the color influence your decision? For me it matters though if it was a standard option I'm not sure I'd switch...
The limited run and lack of a $1500 upcharge are the influencing factors for my decision. Otherwise, I'd likely pick Forest Green.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For us LG fans- how much does the limited run of the color influence your decision? For me it matters though if it was a standard option I'm not sure I'd switch...
As @DuckTruck mentioned, LG and FE interior were made for each other. That's the way to go if you have the opportunity. people who have seen the FE interior are enamored with it.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
As of right Now I am very undecided, the Launch green looks great in a few photos, but not sure long term if I would love it, I really want to see a R1S in Limestone in daylight to see if its a contender. LA silver, Midnight and El Cap Granite are the three main choices fo me, I love the look of black trucks, but I hate Black because it shows dust right after its washed. The LA Silver is much better on hiding the dust, and looks great with the windows tinted down. Our current 4Runner is close to the El Cap Granite, so not sure I want two Grey SUV's. Just not sure what to do until I can see them in person.

Currently Configured
  • R1S Launch Edition
  • El Cap Granite
  • Black Mountain Interior
  • 22" Sport Bright wheels

Last edited:

seventyfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A couple
Glacier White and Forest Edge for me.

A E S T H E T I C S
This was my original choice on 20ā€ wheels. Simple outside fun inside. But I switched to LG after seeing the reveal photos. I like the cheesy tacti-cool look so I think LG with chrome delete will look good, but I still might switch back to white on green.

Fair warning - donā€™t zoom in on my crappy photoshop
Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 1632544493413

vs.

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 1632544707371

Sponsored

OP
OP

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Really want to see Limestone it's the most elusive color it seems. I'm El Cap at the moment, but limestone could be the one if I can just see it in actual daylight

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I prefer a true color to something on the grayscale, but it looks like Glacier White with Ocean Coast for us for practical reasons. This should stay coolest and we do a lot of exploring in the desert. A light non-metallic color should be more forgiving with scratches picked up on trails. A non-metallic color should be easier to touch-up or match if a re-spray is needed.

Iā€™d prefer a non-metallic light gray (Limestone but without the metallic), non-metallic sand tan, or even a lighter non-metallic retro green or blue as Iā€™ve seen on some Fiat 500s.

I think it looks good in every paint color offered so Iā€™m fine with the choices as-is. Rivianā€˜s designers did a nice job including a lot of real colors rather than black with a touch of blue, black with a touch or red, black with a touch of green which all look to be black except in ideal lighting conditions.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Something that might be interesting is if people are considering getting a wrap - I think I might, regardless of color just for the protection and at that point, you have a lot of color options

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Something that might be interesting is if people are considering getting a wrap - I think I might, regardless of color just for the protection and at that point, you have a lot of color options
We are waiting to see how things go in reality, but weā€™re considering a wrap for the roof to keep things cooler if the IR and UV filtering isnā€™t up to the task of desert heat and sun. We figured weā€™d use whatever is used for buses so it can go right over the sunroof and we kind of like the idea of a pale gray (close to Ocean Coast) roof in place of the black over the Glacier White paint. This may not even be practical when we see what an R1S wrap would have to contend with.
Sponsored