Sponsored

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

• LA silver

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Glacier white

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Red canyon

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Rivian blue

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Limestone

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Forest green

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Launch green

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • El Cap Granite

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Compass yellow

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 37 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Something that might be interesting is if people are considering getting a wrap - I think I might, regardless of color just for the protection and at that point, you have a lot of color options
Getting back to the paint protection of a wrap, does anyone here have experience with protective wraps specifically for off-roading? My instinct is to enjoy the vehicle as-is and deal with issues as they arise rather than try to maintain aesthetic perfection and possibly avoid interesting trails as a result.

Maybe I’m totally wrong, especially for an $80K vehicle. I’d be curious to know what people found in real-world use of protective wraps off road. Do the wraps tear easily if run along a twig or branch? Are they easy to remove when the time comes? Is there risk of paint discoloration or other issues after the wrap is removed?
Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Getting back to the paint protection of a wrap, does anyone here have experience with protective wraps specifically for off-roading? My instinct is to enjoy the vehicle as-is and deal with issues as they arise rather than try to maintain aesthetic perfection and possibly avoid interesting trails as a result.

Maybe I’m totally wrong, especially for an $80K vehicle. I’d be curious to know what people found in real-world use of protective wraps off road. Do the wraps tear easily if run along a twig or branch? Are they easy to remove when the time comes? Is there risk of paint discoloration or other issues after the wrap is removed?
Certainly not scientific but at least one example:

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I don't want to say all your opinions are wrong but... Blue is definitely the color. :CWL:

The thing I am having odd second thoughts on is the interior color... I thought black was the only option for me with the blue exterior but now that I've seen the green interior in all these videos... I'm conflicted.

OP
OP

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

SAWRiv22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F Pace, Mercedes GLC 300
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I would have a hard time passing on a good orange if they added it. I like Land Rovers take on orange.
Georgia R1S pre-order here… I am completely rock solid on El Cap Granite (pun intended). For me it was an obvious choice based on the color options. El Cap is classy yet sporty enough. This vehicle will stand out on its own, and doesn’t need a flashy color to do so. Just my thoughts…

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Georgia R1S pre-order here… I am completely rock solid on El Cap Granite (pun intended). For me it was an obvious choice based on the color options. El Cap is classy yet sporty enough. This vehicle will stand out on its own, and doesn’t need a flashy color to do so. Just my thoughts…
Has nothing to do with standing out, I just like orange :)

forest green is what I will likely end up with.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Colors that I am 100% not interested in: Black, White, Silver, El Cap, Limestone. I need a color, not a lack of it.

Also missed out on the LG

I'm not excited about red, but I haven't completely rules it out until I can see it in person, but I'm 96% not going to go with it. I love the blue too, and would be totally happy it that's "what I got" (like if I had to get one off a lot and that's just the color they had). But not enough to order it (probably).

Currently have FG configured, as I've wanted a green vehicle all my life, and they really nailed this green. It's just close enough to British Racing Green, while different enough to make it distinguishable. It's just great.

But that yellow. Hnnnngggg. It's going to be hard not to switch to that amazingly loud splash of fresh banana.
Aston Martin F1 team!!!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
For us LG fans- how much does the limited run of the color influence your decision? For me it matters though if it was a standard option I'm not sure I'd switch...
This was a significant factor for me. I think I might like forest green better, but LE looks pretty good. If these things ever become collectors items, I tend to think having LG on LE adds value over the long haul. Who knows, though.

And, now that we have seen some real pics, it looks pretty cool. Just as cool as or cooler than any free option.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Pretty sure it's Limestone for mine, we just need to see it on the vehicles.

If I'm not thrilled, I'll go back to white.

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
I configured my R1S with Midnight black and ocean coast interior and 22 inch sport tires.

Since I can get a similar price, I am considering switching to the Glacier White and the Forest Edge interior as long as I keep the 21 inch (standard road) tire.
I just like the look of the forest edge interior and it compliments/contrasts well with the White exterior (which does not cost anything compared to the black).

Sponsored

TheGymKid

First Name
RivianRunner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, LE, El Cap, 22"
El Cap G, Black M, but can't decide on wheels.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Really want to see Limestone it's the most elusive color it seems. I'm El Cap at the moment, but limestone could be the one if I can just see it in actual daylight
I actually went today to the service center in Denver for this exact reason. I’ve seen Limestone on a cloudy day and been waiting to make the move for sunshine viewing, as it actually snowed here over the weekend lol.
I loved it. No robin egg blue to speak of, which I definitely think you catch angles of in the overcast.
I know I want black rims and minus GW, Limestone gives the best pop with some actual color and contrast imho. I’ve been on FG for awhile and El Cap is nice, but there is just something about Limestone in the sunshine with the Rivian yellow logos and black rims..

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Shelby GT350R & 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Medical Devices
I actually went today to the service center in Denver for this exact reason. I’ve seen Limestone on a cloudy day and been waiting to make the move for sunshine viewing, as it actually snowed here over the weekend lol.
I loved it. No robin egg blue to speak of, which I definitely think you catch angles of in the overcast.
I know I want black rims and minus GW, Limestone gives the best pop with some actual color and contrast imho. I’ve been on FG for awhile and El Cap is nice, but there is just something about Limestone in the sunshine with the Rivian yellow logos and black rims..
First time poster here but long time follower and fall 21 preorder (procrastination at its finest). It’s funny you mention stopping at the service center yesterday, I found myself doing the same on a whim with my interest building lurking on the forum for a while now.

Anyways I am in and out of Denver on a two day work trip, and had time to kill yesterday after flying in and picking up the rental car... I swung by the service center around 11:45 and was immediately wowed by the rows of R1T’s inside and out staged and being prepped for delivery. As i pull up looking for a parking spot, a Rivian blue R1T with 20”AT’s was being delivered to the center. Though it was clear this place wasn’t really built for the unannounced like me, an employee took 10 minutes to chat with me and talk about the colors which was cool and appreciated.

I took a few pictures that admittedly aren’t my finest. You would think with my excitement and effort to stop by, that I would have taken more care of the shots. It was a beautiful day yesterday though i heard about the snow over the past weekend - and the trucks still showed it being largely dirty. I got shots of most colors except canyon red - which was there looking incredible on black wheels with the Rivian yellow accents.

before this gets too long - other observations:

- every color was on the lot
- a EVD was there but not painted (service truck?)
- limestone is still on my mind, but more blue than chalk grey in imo
- forest green is incredible. I’ve never had a green vehicle, but this one is all in my head with the way the sun hits it
- No R1S’s
- several R1T’s were inside getting what appeared to be work done on them and more still were parked immediately outside being prepared for customer delivery
Looks like exciting things for those around Denver! I’m glad I stopped by and am only more excited now.

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 34D73E46-80FD-49E0-B8E7-30AF89B8148F

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 8A514797-0262-4B83-AD16-2BD2301CE0A7

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 2DE3B638-628B-40D1-86D0-6F7BD2465860

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? EA4C85F9-5E80-4C94-A206-2E35922B464F

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 6E2D648F-95EB-4990-987B-816DE21AC415

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 1E24497B-10FA-43AF-AEDF-100ACD53FA6B

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 260F0ECC-7344-4274-896D-F310922E274C

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
too bad this poll is closed; it would be neat to see a poll with a lot more responses.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

too bad this poll is closed; it would be neat to see a poll with a lot more responses.
It would also be nice to be able to change votes, as the color I selected in this poll is not what I currently have on order.
Sponsored