Sponsored

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon?

• LA silver

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Glacier white

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Red canyon

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Rivian blue

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Limestone

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Forest green

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Launch green

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • El Cap Granite

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Compass yellow

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 37 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm leaning Limestone, but it's hard to commit when the color is only a figment of my imagination. Ultimately, I'm hoping Rivian will introduce a nice burnt orange by the time my vehicle is ready to be produced.

This color would work (courtesy @aAlpine)
Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? rivian-orange2-

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Colors that I am 100% not interested in: Black, White, Silver, El Cap, Limestone. I need a color, not a lack of it.

Also missed out on the LG

I'm not excited about red, but I haven't completely rules it out until I can see it in person, but I'm 96% not going to go with it. I love the blue too, and would be totally happy it that's "what I got" (like if I had to get one off a lot and that's just the color they had). But not enough to order it (probably).

Currently have FG configured, as I've wanted a green vehicle all my life, and they really nailed this green. It's just close enough to British Racing Green, while different enough to make it distinguishable. It's just great.

But that yellow. Hnnnngggg. It's going to be hard not to switch to that amazingly loud splash of fresh banana.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I'm leaning Limestone, but it's hard to commit when the color is only a figment of my imagination. Ultimately, I'm hoping Rivian will introduce a nice burnt orange by the time my vehicle is ready to be produced.

rivian-orange2-jpg.jpg
Oooohhhhh, that would give me heart palpitations if I had to chose against that.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Colors that I am 100% not interested in: Black, White, Silver, El Cap, Limestone. I need a color, not a lack of it.

Also missed out on the LG

I'm not excited about red, but I haven't completely rules it out until I can see it in person, but I'm 96% not going to go with it. I love the blue too, and would be totally happy it that's "what I got" (like if I had to get one off a lot and that's just the color they had). But not enough to order it (probably).

Currently have FG configured, as I've wanted a green vehicle all my life, and they really nailed this green. It's just close enough to British Racing Green, while different enough to make it distinguishable. It's just great.

But that yellow. Hnnnngggg. It's going to be hard not to switch to that amazingly loud splash of fresh banana.

I feel you. Currently I have a white 1969 Camaro, silver 911, white mercedes and charcoal CX5 for my wife. Most were out of happenstance. While those are safe good colors (I think with regards to Rivian, White/LA/El cap are very excellent choices), I want something that captures how unique this vehicle is. Red is great, its a complex deep red, but not for me.

Ultimately my decision comes to the fact I haven't finalized interior. I really want Forest Edge but think it goes best with LG, white and silver. If I dont then I'll do ocean coast. Im not interested in another black interior vehicle, so that takes out yellow for me.

One issue is we havent seen a ton of R1S. The Greenhouse and black roof change the visuals compared to the truck.

I'm sure I'm in the same boat as a lot but I'm down to 3 or 4 configurations

1. Rivian Blue on Ocean Coast - Rivians signature color. Striking in almost every pic I've seen. I'm just worried (maybe unnecessarily) that it will evoke the plethora of light blue RAV4 and maybe even FJ cruisers, and seem more like a 40k play thing rather than a 80k luxury vehicle

2. Forest Green on Ocean Coast - RR vibes. Obviously they like it as it was the show vehicle. If forest edge looks good with FG then it may be the play, but its a $3500 upcharge at that point.

3. Launch Green on Forest Edge - obviously Ducktruck helps us. I'm very curious how it will look on a R1S. Its intriguing as it is a 'free' option as well as exclusive to LE buyers. I'm just worried it will look tactical rather than luxurious. The inside will be amazing. I was a hard no on LG until the pics came out. The ones from the factory and the recent from the parking garage look fantastic, but some other conditions I hate it.

4. White on Forest edge. The white R1S is sharp with the contrasting black roof. Economical choice.

I dont know if I'm just biased or that all we've seen in the R1S are rivian blue, forest green and white and yet they're in the top 3.

I dont think there are any poor choices. This was a joke post I made the other day but think it holds

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? 1632490892803

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
LG for me as well. I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Doubt I'll ever definitely decide a color, even when I settle on one and take a delivery I'll still think other options would have worked too.

I don't really want black, green, red, though they are nice greens & reds. I like the yellow but don't think I'd ever own it.

Between the greys, I like all 3 but not enough to not just pick LA Silver and save the upcharge. My current truck is silver and I like Rivian's more, and is an easy color to look good.

I really like how the white looks with the contrasting roof, but I'm leaning toward the Ocean interior and I'm not really sure that works as well with white as it would with a darker color. If I decide on the black interior that bumps white up a little higher.

I reeeeeally like Blue/Ocean, but not sure if I want the 2500 upcharge, and not totally set on owning the blue vs. just admiring from afar.

Right now I'm leaning LA Silver.

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
I'm pretty solid on El Cap. No other reason than so far it's my favorite option.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

I couldn't possibly pass up the El Cap Granite for the R1S... it's just TOO cool!

Rivian R1T R1S What R1S exterior color have you definitely decided upon? Screenshot 2021-08-24 102537

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Im not interested in another black interior vehicle, so that takes out yellow for me.
Maybe I'm a monster, but I think the yellow looks better with OC than with the black. And I'm actually leaning right now at getting the yellow with FE interior. But that's only conditional on seeing it in person.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
For us LG fans- how much does the limited run of the color influence your decision? For me it matters though if it was a standard option I'm not sure I'd switch...

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Maybe I'm a monster, but I think the yellow looks better with OC than with the black. And I'm actually leaning right now at getting the yellow with FE interior. But that's only conditional on seeing it in person.
I like that CY/OC option- kind of a fun west coast vibe...

Last edited:

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

rivian-orange2-jpg.jpg
I would have a hard time passing on a good orange if they added it. I like Land Rovers take on orange.
Sponsored