Sponsored

What new information are you excited to get?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Will the adjustable air suspension have a self leveling feature when parked?
Would make life with a RTT (and other camping options) much easier.
I recall seeing something about automatic load leveling, so this wouldn't be much of a stretch.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I have opted for the 22" for the moment, but if there is a 30 mile range penalty, I may rethink the decision.
Agreed. If that is 330 down to 300, it might still be acceptable for me. If that is 300 down to 270 then, without a doubt, I will be forced to wait for the "Max" battery pack. Given what we think we know today, I don't see any possibility that I would opt for the 21 inch wheels with the "globally unique" tire size in order to get the max range. I might, however, opt for the 20" wheel with AT tires if that combo only took a 3% hit vs a 10% hit with the 22" wheel.

Chunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Agreed. If that is 330 down to 300, it might still be acceptable for me. If that is 300 down to 270 then, without a doubt, I will be forced to wait for the "Max" battery pack. Given what we think we know today, I don't see any possibility that I would opt for the 21 inch wheels with the "globally unique" tire size in order to get the max range. I might, however, opt for the 20" wheel with AT tires if that combo only took a 3% hit vs a 10% hit with the 22" wheel.
I called and asked this specific question. I was told specific metrics were not available but that the 22 inch would only be a “handful of miles” less range than the ideal 21”. The 20” AT tires were the only significant degradation. Now I’ll be happier when I see that on paper but it gave me the confidence to get the 22” on my R1S. The 20” were hideous IMO and the 21” being a unique one off size was a NOGO

Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I’m still going with the 20” Can switch to all season later with many choices. Lots of side wall. The most of the 3.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
I called and asked this specific question. I was told specific metrics were not available but that the 22 inch would only be a “handful of miles” less range than the ideal 21”. The 20” AT tires were the only significant degradation. Now I’ll be happier when I see that on paper but it gave me the confidence to get the 22” on my R1S. The 20” were hideous IMO and the 21” being a unique one off size was a NOGO
Another reason I don't mind pushing my order to Jan 2022, and not going with the LE. I want to hear some real world mileage reports over time. I currently have the 21's configured. I'll happily switch to the 22s if the range reduction is just a negligible hit, ESPECIALLY if they announce the max pack at some point during 2021, whatever it ends up being. I'll then reconfigure to the Max pack with the 22s.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I originally ordered the 21" but thought the rim was ugly so I changed to the 22" mainly because of the rim! lol

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I plan on getting the 22" Sport as part of my config, but then buying the 20" Allterrain for some offroading fun.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I plan on getting the 22" Sport as part of my config, but then buying the 20" Allterrain for some offroading fun.
I'm guessing the 20s will be a standard wheel size (~9" width & 18mm offset). If so, I think you'd be better off getting the 20s aftermarket...get to pick both wheels & tires from a wide variety, and save $$ doing it.

Sponsored

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For me it's the UI. I can't wait for a video walkthrough of the screens to see what they can do and what apps they will have built in.

I wish CarPlay was going to be available (I emailed them to beg for it), but if they go the route of Volvo who has the Google Play store built in or Lincoln who has a large library of apps including Waze, Pandora, etc. I'll be ok.
Wait... No CarPlay?? Is that confirmed//?

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Wait... No CarPlay?? Is that confirmed//?
I received following email from Rivian. Though it's about the Android Auto I think CarPlay is same story.
"Thank you for reaching out to Rivian Customer Service, we do not have Android Auto. We believe that to create a truly incredible digital experience, an integrated platform that is optimized for our vehicles is the better path. "

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I received following email from Rivian. Though it's about the Android Auto I think CarPlay is same story.
"Thank you for reaching out to Rivian Customer Service, we do not have Android Auto. We believe that to create a truly incredible digital experience, an integrated platform that is optimized for our vehicles is the better path. "
This applies to Apple CarPlay as well.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I'm guessing the 20s will be a standard wheel size (~9" width & 18mm offset). If so, I think you'd be better off getting the 20s aftermarket...get to pick both wheels & tires from a wide variety, and save $$ doing it.
True. Then I could get some monster off road tires too.
Sponsored