Sponsored

What new information are you excited to get?

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
For me it's the UI. I can't wait for a video walkthrough of the screens to see what they can do and what apps they will have built in.

I wish CarPlay was going to be available (I emailed them to beg for it), but if they go the route of Volvo who has the Google Play store built in or Lincoln who has a large library of apps including Waze, Pandora, etc. I'll be ok.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
For me it's the UI. I can't wait for a video walkthrough of the screens to see what they can do and what apps they will have built in.

I wish CarPlay was going to be available (I emailed them to beg for it), but if they go the route of Volvo who has the Google Play store built in or Lincoln who has a large library of apps including Waze, Pandora, etc. I'll be ok.
Agreed, especially about release of video or an interactive version.

It could be as good or better than Carplay/Android Auto, and could have other integrated native functions. I actually think they need to not use Carplay/AA because those take over the entire display, in my experience, but Rivian's UI has the concept of multiple apps/tiles.

As for other things, I'm just a nerd & want any possible detail about EVERYTHING.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Definitely what the both of you said, but I will mix it up and say an announcement on a charging partnership with EA, EVgo, or both(getting greedy) for free charging for X amount of years...

Then back to the UI, how Rivian will integrate the known charging locations into route planning like Tesla does for their Supercharging network...Can we set up preferences of stations and locations similar to what ABRP does? 95% of the time it will not matter as we will charge at home....but it is something I am excited/curious about.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Then back to the UI, how Rivian will integrate the known charging locations into route planning like Tesla does for their Supercharging network...Can we set up preferences of stations and locations similar to what ABRP does? 95% of the time it will not matter as we will charge at home....but it is something I am excited/curious about.
I would love it if I could go as far as to say, I want to drive to some destination 500 miles away and stop for coffee at this place 80 miles away and it gives me that as a path direction with a stop to charge also included. I hate when I am on the way somewhere and need to make a quick stop, but I have to cancel the navigation to change it to a new address instead of being able to just add it to the trip plan.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I would love it if I could go as far as to say, I want to drive to some destination 500 miles away and stop for coffee at this place 80 miles away and it gives me that as a path direction with a stop to charge also included. I hate when I am on the way somewhere and need to make a quick stop, but I have to cancel the navigation to change it to a new address instead of being able to just add it to the trip plan.
I can definitely see older in-built nav systems having this problem, but Google Maps has had the 'add as a stop' feature for a while now. I would be very surprised if Rivian's native navigation did not follow suit, especially because it's an EV.

We haven't heard anything new about a 'sentry mode' equivalent, have we? I know Rivian had mentioned verbally that this would be available. I might be parking on the street more often than not, so definitely a priority to have this mode.

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
1. The UI
2. The App (assuming it’s happening)
3. The topper options (saw the patent with easy swapping and am itching to spend a day in the woods before making grub on the pullout kitchen and then snoozing under the stars with my dog next to me in the bed with the topper on, though he’ll take up 75% of the space)

P.S. Dog is...wait for it...a YELLOW lab.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What is the range of the R1S with each of the three tire options.
They don't know yet. All they can say is the 300+ mile EPA range is based on the 21" wheel/tire option. We don't know how much over 300 the "+" will actually be or what the range for the 20" and 22" wheels will be (it is at least possible those may be less than 300). Keep in mind that in reality you will most likely achieve significantly less than EPA range.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
They don't know yet. All they can say is the 300+ mile EPA range is based on the 21" wheel/tire option. We don't know how much over 300 the "+" will actually be or what the range for the 20" and 22" wheels will be (it is at least possible those may be less than 300). Keep in mind that in reality you will most likely achieve significantly less than EPA range.
I realize that they don't know yet. I thought the tread was asking what new information are we excited to receive?

btw: I have owned a Model X for just shy of 5 years, so I have a pretty good idea of actual range vs published. I towed my 5,000lb boat from Florida to Georgia using both of my Xs, which was an adventure.

I have opted for the 22" for the moment, but if there is a 30 mile range penalty, I may rethink the decision.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
How about more details on test drives, service expectations, warranties and deliveries. That would be exciting to get.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I realize that they don't know yet. I thought the tread was asking what new information are we excited to receive?

btw: I have owned a Model X for just shy of 5 years, so I have a pretty good idea of actual range vs published. I towed my 5,000lb boat from Florida to Georgia using both of my Xs, which was an adventure.

I have opted for the 22" for the moment, but if there is a 30 mile range penalty, I may rethink the decision.
My bad... forgot which thread this was.
Sponsored