Sponsored

What kind of loaner rentals have you gotten?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Whatever Enterprise happens to have on teh lot. Which is to say, c***.
Sponsored

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
Didnā€™t gripe too much as it was a two day turn around; but got stuck with the dirtiest smoked out Equinox they had on their lot. Was a terrible machine. Car play blows on itā€¦ I got stuck in it an extra day and almost turned it back in early until they called me on Friday that my truck was ready before the weekendā€¦ So glad to have my R1T back! Literally love everything about it over that vehicleā€¦ The only nod it got was easier to park in the garageā€¦ Honestly if Rivian will integrate voice to text and Waze Iā€™d have no complaintsā€¦ And CarPlay can go have every other manufacturerā€¦

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
On my recent service visit. Was referred to enterprise offered a 2015 Nissan frontier or a 2022 GMC Yukon Denali. I am pretty sure the truck was just placed there as a terrible second option so every customer goes with the rental agents first offer. I asked if any of the luxury mid sized SUVā€™s (Audi Q5 / Benz GLE) could be option and was told not with the Rivian agreement. The Denali is plenty nice just a massive vehicle and to be imagined a gas guzzler.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
On my recent service visit. Was referred to enterprise offered a 2015 Nissan frontier or a 2022 GMC Yukon Denali. I am pretty sure the truck was just placed there as a terrible second option so every customer goes with the rental agents first offer. I asked if any of the luxury mid sized SUVā€™s (Audi Q5 / Benz GLE) could be option and was told not with the Rivian agreement. The Denali is plenty nice just a massive vehicle and to be imagined a gas guzzler.
You're lucky. They won't ever give me a GMC. Never been offered anything that wasn't a Stellantis or Nissan product.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

At first I was told I would have a Rivian loaner, then told it would be an EV (Polestar) from enterprise, then I got a Chrysler minivan with 35k, it felt like it might fall over in the corners, and it seemed like something from the 90s or early 2000s. It was a 2021!

CobraJerky

First Name
Cobra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Commercial HVAC Service
Enterprise... they gave me a Porsche Macan. So many buttons in that car.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
2nd service visit they gave me a R1S. I did ask ahead of time since we have one on preorder and didn't want to test drive in Portland

GaryGR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE Preorder
Occupation
Enterprise Data Solutions
Clubs

Three times it was just 1-3 days and I got an R1T. Last time was a week and I got an Audi Q5 from Enterprise. One surprise was the toll bill and extra fees for having toll charges from Enterprise a couple of weeks later. With the R1T the toll charges were covered. I have toll charges going to/from the service center.

boonrag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Field Technician
Clubs

I asked for an R1T loaner and was told I would have one ready when the R1S was brought in for service. I ended up with a three year old Hyundai Palisade from Enterprise that made anyone who rode in it get a sore throat.

Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Hi all, just dropped off my T to the shop and they did not have a loaner, so I got a rental through enterprise. I ended up with a Kona, as that was the EV option they had, but itā€™s just not cutting it. What kind of rental vehicles have you gotten when your truck has been in the shop? (at least the Konaā€™s charging pad does work though)
"... so I got a rental through enterprise. "
I hope that Enterprise is not the only option. I have had some bad experiences with that company. I think Enterprise owns Alamo and National, now, which further restricts the options (if there are any).

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Almost had my truck in for a paint issue on delivery but just bought a touch up pen and took care of it myself. They asked about me needing a loaner and had told them I didnā€™t care what it was as long as I had transportation .

Never understood people complaining about the type of loaner they get. Wheels are wheels.
" Wheels are wheels."
Huh? If "wheels are wheels," why did you pay for a Rivian?

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
Kia Nero EV. At least the vampire drain is gone, but having an on button sucks šŸ˜‚

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I had a loaner for 2 weeks last year, since then i've had a jeep renegade for a week last fall, a Nissan Armada in December which I swapped for a Ridgeline, and most recently a Ram 1500 which I had to swap for a Ford Edge, then when my R1T wasn't done in time had to go back and get another Ram 1500. Usually get whatever I need as rideshare is unreliable in my area.

NGT

First Name
Natalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
CEO
Hi all, just dropped off my T to the shop and they did not have a loaner, so I got a rental through enterprise. I ended up with a Kona, as that was the EV option they had, but itā€™s just not cutting it. What kind of rental vehicles have you gotten when your truck has been in the shop? (at least the Konaā€™s charging pad does work though)
I was given Uber credits.
Sponsored