Sponsored

What kind of loaner rentals have you gotten?

puregreddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
From Enterprise, I was initially given an Audi A3. I had asked for something larger but the Manager onsite was refusing to budge. I went back the next day when another Manager was in charge and swapped for a Mercedes GLE. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I was given a well worn Mazda 3. I had to drive with the windows cracked open in the winter because it smelled like I was sitting inside of an ashtray.

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
In Orlando the local Enterprise tried to give me a Corolla which I let them know was unacceptable. They then called Rivian Service who approved a Yukon/Tahoe, but then it turned out they didn't even have anything full size available and the biggest vehicle they had available was a Ford Edge which felt like driving an unreasonably cramped tin can.

Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Cruising in a 2022 Lincoln Navigator with Texas plates, what a ridiculous machine! Sounds great on power. A wireless phone charger that actually works, with wireless CarPlay, what good idea...

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Truck is at the Atlanta SC for a few days. Enterprise has me in a Challenger RT. It's an incredibly stupid vehicle and completely impractical but at least they have me in something moderately fun to drive.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Seems like some of you got pretty lucky with your rentals! I picked up my truck again yesterday, and can’t imagine coming apart from it again!

deadparadise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got super lucky and got the last R1T loaner they had at the Austin SC. It was El Cap and it kinda made me wish I splurged on that color. I have to take the R1T back in though, hoping I get just as lucky this time.

Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I got a Q7. Could’ve paid 20/day out of own pocket for a Range Rover. This is on Orange County.

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Almost had my truck in for a paint issue on delivery but just bought a touch up pen and took care of it myself. They asked about me needing a loaner and had told them I didn’t care what it was as long as I had transportation .

Never understood people complaining about the type of loaner they get. Wheels are wheels.

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

A boat AKA a Nissan Armada -- for 5 weeks (collision repair). Hated it, but charging plate and CarPlay were awesome :)

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Today's rental is an Chevy Equinox. Pretty scary turning at 70+ but I did instantly enjoy:
a. real buttons/knobs
b. coasting
c. Google maps (Rivian nav drove me straight into a road block trying to get me to service, normally not one to complain much about the nav but that was 10 minutes wasted)
d. easy to use trip meter/gauges
e. air vents I could move, unless those count as buttons

They refused to offer me the Escalades on the lot and made me wait 40 minutes for the Equinox to turn up (thankfully right before the 45 minute time when it was agreed they would upgrade me anyways)

(things I missed instantly was every other reason I bought an R1T)

TLDR: black Equinox
Sponsored

Last edited: