Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
What day/date do you think the very 1st Rivian will be delivered to a customer?

I am going with Monday, September 27th, 2021. At 1pm EST. In California, maybe near El Segundo
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Can you clarify "Customer" and I assume you mean first Production vehicle? :)
All kidding aside, on Sept. 30 there will be a TURD, around 5:00 pm local time, with a photo of a vehicle coming off the line. RJ will be there announcing that the first vehicle is being delivered!
This vehicle will then go through final delivery prep, loaded onto a truck hauler, transferred to a railcar, shipped across the country, transferred to another truck hauler, wait for a driver, deliver to a local Rivian Delivery Center, owner contacted and delivery arranged for a few days later, then a lucky person will have their Rivian on or about October 18, 2021.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

What day/date do you think the very 1st Rivian will be delivered to a customer?

I am going with Monday, September 27th, 2021. At 1pm EST. In California, maybe near El Segundo
I'm good with the date and time, but why El Segundo? I told them I wanted to pick it up at the factory. Very strange.... ?

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Can you clarify "Customer" and I assume you mean first Production vehicle? :)
All kidding aside, on Sept. 30 there will be a TURD, around 5:00 pm local time, with a photo of a vehicle coming off the line. RJ will be there announcing that the first vehicle is being delivered!
This vehicle will then go through final delivery prep, loaded onto a truck hauler, transferred to a railcar, shipped across the country, transferred to another truck hauler, wait for a driver, deliver to a local Rivian Delivery Center, owner contacted and delivery arranged for a few days later, then a lucky person will have their Rivian on or about October 18, 2021.
It will be interesting if Rivian does the photo op at the factory as it rolls out...or when the vehicle is handed over to the 1st customer. Which I agree, may be done at a service center. One of which is in El Segundo, CA.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I'm good with the date and time, but why El Segundo? I told them I wanted to pick it up at the factory. Very strange.... ?
They only have 5 service centers as of today, so i am guessing they will want to deliver the first vehicles close to one.
The locations are:
Brooklyn (NY),
El Segundo (CA),
Normal (IL),
Bellevue (WA),
San Francisco (CA)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Friday, January 28th, 2022. To an extremely wealthy bald man at one of his many estates.

Kidding.. mostly
Shipping options include Amazon Prime for overnight, or Blue Origin for ten minute drop-in:

? vs ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Unless the first delivery is someone in Illinois, I'm going with about multiple cars being delivered in customer hands the week of the 15th. That's assuming the gov doesn't slow things down and cause them to pause for more than a couple of days whole they wait for whatever confirmation they are looking for.

Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
The first one will be full of symbolism to some luminary that ordered when last week but because he has DYKWIA status he will get his vehicle. After that, I"m guessing vehicles will be delivered closest to service centers just in case stupid s--t happens. That allows Rivian greater control of the narrative. When I bought my Tesla, I picked it up at the El Segundo vehicle delivery center. Was a fun experience and I enjoyed seeing other Tesla's. Would have NO problem driving to El Segundo.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@DuckTruck Did they tell you that factory pick up would be an option? Is that course they built for purchasers to drive later?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They only have 5 service centers as of today, so i am guessing they will want to deliver the first vehicles close to one.
The locations are:
Brooklyn (NY),
El Segundo (CA),
Normal (IL),
Bellevue (WA),
San Francisco (CA)
I wonder how they are going to be able to open the Bellevue facility?
It appears that the only vehicles they would be allowed to service are those they own - no customer vehicles.

Rivian R1T R1S What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer? 1629737539156

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.96.185

Unless maybe they got a ruling (or will operate under the assumption) that they are not competing with any new car dealers service facility since none of them are capable of Rivian service?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wonder how they are going to be able to open the Bellevue facility?
It appears that the only vehicles they would be allowed to service are those they own - no customer vehicles.

1629737539156.png

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.96.185

Unless maybe they got a ruling (or will operate under the assumption) that they are not competing with any new car dealers service facility since none of them are capable of Rivian service?
That is a good point. The article clearly states it is not allowed to compete, in order to compete you would have to have a competitor.

Would be interesting if the plan is to take this matter to court when/if cited....
Sponsored