Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
The lucky gentleman appears to be an employee or insider with Rivian, or so I gather by forensically reviewing his Instagram account. :CWL:
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The lucky gentleman appears to be an employee or insider with Rivian, or so I gather by forensically reviewing his Instagram account. :CWL:
disagree. Unless you consider a quarter of the forum insiders.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
disagree. Unless you consider a quarter of the forum insiders.
I don't think a quarter of the forum has multiple Rivian bits of apparel / swag and has been present at multiple Rivian events. I believe that you do / have, but there are thousands of us who are members here and thousands of employees / past employees.

I may be wrong, but I think the likelihood is high.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
He's an employee. Not a secret. Look at all his posts, especially the Sept 8 post.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
"Employee" and "Customer" are not mutually exclusive. He's using his money to make payments (or he paid cash), it will be titled, insured and registered in his name.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
"Employee" and "Customer" are not mutually exclusive. He's using his money to make payments (or he paid cash), it will be titled, insured and registered in his name.
Yes we all know that. Still doesn't count as a real delivery to me.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
They are mutually exclusive if one is a preorder holder and the other isn't.

I don't have Instagram to see for myself, but you're structuring the last sentence as fact. Do you know this to be true, that the employee shown in the picture, was in fact a preorder holder, with a paid deposit? Or, are you thinking the employee was delivered a Rivian, so he had to be a preorder holder and would count as a legitimate September delivery?

I don't consider anyone that receives a Rivian as "gifted", (unless they paid a preorder deposit) to be qualified to count as delivered in September. This is what I don't know about the employee discussed, but it may be revealed in his Instagram posts.

Yes we all know that. Still doesn't count as a real delivery to me.
When I first read RJ's August update, I thought there would be some non-employee deliveries, and I'm not saying there hasn't been. I don't know. If there hasn't been, it was a misleading statement to me and I think some others too, that could have been worded way, way, way differently to avoid confusion. IMO, Rivian uses a lot of ambiguous statements. It seems everyone knows the employees were paid preorder holders. I would like to know how they know this, other than guessing. Do they reveal this information in their posts?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think a quarter of the forum has multiple Rivian bits of apparel / swag and has been present at multiple Rivian events. I believe that you do / have, but there are thousands of us who are members here and thousands of employees / past employees.

I may be wrong, but I think the likelihood is high.
I was referring to attending events. And exaggerating a bit.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
He's an employee. Not a secret. Look at all his posts, especially the Sept 8 post.
the post of his kids holding up a license plate?

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Anyone that uses their own money to purchase a vehicle is a customer. If or by whom they are employed is irrelevant.
The S1 filing laid out that at least some employees were given the chance to be early purchasers of LE vehicles (both R1T and R1S). They were put in the queue as preorder holders. They purchase the vehicle themselves, but then do get a $1K/mo subsidy for 24 months (as long as they stay employed by Rivian). Nice perk and a good way to help attract quality talent (and build loyalty, make employees feel appreciated, etc.)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
No. The 10 other posts. Like the one with the truck in the factory under lights.
So the one from today when it was being delivered? The things that seem most like he's an employee are from 2019 events where he seems to be the only person behind the "tape."

Either way, it's a paid delivery, which is great.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
So the one from today when it was being delivered? The things that seem most like he's an employee are from 2019 events where he seems to be the only person behind the "tape."

Either way, it's a paid delivery, which is great.
For example, this one.

Rivian R1T R1S What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer? Screenshot_20211002-070454_Instagram

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

I don't have Instagram to see for myself, but you're structuring the last sentence as fact. Do you know this to be true, that the employee shown in the picture, was in fact a preorder holder, with a paid deposit? Or, are you thinking the employee was delivered a Rivian, so he had to be a preorder holder and would count as a legitimate September delivery?

I don't consider anyone that receives a Rivian as "gifted", (unless they paid a preorder deposit) to be qualified to count as delivered in September. This is what I don't know about the employee discussed, but it may be revealed in his Instagram posts.

When I first read RJ's August update, I thought there would be some non-employee deliveries, and I'm not saying there hasn't been. I don't know. If there hasn't been, it was a misleading statement to me and I think some others too, that could have been worded way, way, way differently to avoid confusion. IMO, Rivian uses a lot of ambiguous statements. It seems everyone knows the employees were paid preorder holders. I would like to know how they know this, other than guessing. Do they reveal this information in their posts?
Do they all sit around a table and discuss how they can best mislead us? "Let's tell them guide contacts will start in May, but we will just contact a handful of people and then stop. We will start deliveries in Sept, but actually to a few employees. "

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
He did take it home at least. Haha. Maybe the first Rivian at an actual home.

Rivian R1T R1S What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer? Screenshot_20211002-071126_Instagram
Sponsored