Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Tom Moloughney says he's driving the R1T next Wednesday and the embargo ends on the 27th.

Rivian has an extreme off road course/drive set up for the media.

*From Inside EV's podcast today.
Yep!
Tom Moloughney says he's driving the R1T next Wednesday and the embargo ends on the 27th.

Rivian has an extreme off road course/drive set up for the media.

*From Inside EV's podcast today.
So, listening to Ford's EV GM on the podcast and his thoughts on fixing the charging curve on the Mach e. His off the cuff comments sound eerily similar to what Rivian is hinting at with battery management and starting with conservative charging. I wonder if they knowledge share at all on that. It does sound like they've been helping each other though (like Ford helping Rivian get going with manufacturing).
Sponsored

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
So today is October 1st.

Was there anyone that took delivery in September? (that is not an employee of Rivian)

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So today is October 1st.

Was there anyone that took delivery in September? (that is not an employee of Rivian)
Honestly who knows?

It was stated somewhere that Rivian was only trying to deliver 100 vehicles in September. Totally possible that someone did and there’s no evidence.

At bottom, I have not seen any “evidence” of anyone taking delivery, although nobody has any reason to provide that “evidence” to this forum.

By all accounts, people who have toured the factory recently has said they are spitting out trucks off the line.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
So today is October 1st.

Was there anyone that took delivery in September?
Yes

(that is not an employee of Rivian)
Nobody knows.

But also, I sure wish these forums would stop pretending like it matters.

If an employee of Rivian paid money to buy a truck, and the title was transferred to them and they own it... and they quit tomorrow... They'd take their truck with them.

It was a delivery to a customer.

You may be bummed you were not an employee of Rivian who was able to take delivery before non-employees, but they delivered a truck in September to a private owner who has since taken full control of that vehicle and can do with it what they wish.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So today is October 1st.

There was a thread on Reddit with a former employee of Rivian who said that the people who were part of the "first delivery" were some of the earliest employees and some of them haven't worked at the company for some time. I still count the former and early employees as official deliveries.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
If an employee of Rivian paid money to buy a truck, and the title was transferred to them and they own it... and they quit tomorrow... They'd take their truck with them.

It was a delivery to a customer.
I find this debate uninteresting. Are these deliveries real enough for Rivian to plausibly claim victory? Sure.

What I'm more interested in is if they were a limited number to a limited population, and then stopped (or will stop) to allow Rivian to troubleshoot the preproduction issues they haven't fixed.

If deliveries are now effectively on pause because R1Ts aren't quiiiite ready to go to market, that's bad, no matter who the initial few dozen customers are. But if the trucks are ready for prime time and shipping is ongoing as production slowly ramps up, that's fine.

Hopefully October will show us that the latter is true.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

How about non-insiders? It's all good but when the average Joe gets one that is a bigger deal to me personally.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
How about non-insiders? It's all good but when the average Joe gets one that is a bigger deal to me personally.
Me too. When Joe Sixpack drives away in a new e-lectronic pickemuptruck, that is when I know that deliveries have started in earnest.

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Randomly check eBay since I'd bet when the first batch actually get delivered you'll see a few appear up there quickly with very large markups!

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
If a Rivian was gifted to me, I wouldn't require any further information before accepting the gift.

However, if I'm paying, there is still missing information that needs to be answered, before I'll buy. Such as Membership fees and will there be separate plans available. I have several more questions that can't be answered either.

It's just hard for me to believe any sales have been made, other than sales that have been gifted, or to employees with privileged information. It could be Guides are giving information, that we aren't privy to, but I think we would've heard about it by now and why hide it from Customer Service. It could also be, the questions I need answered aren't important to other buyers.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
There was a thread on Reddit with a former employee of Rivian who said that the people who were part of the "first delivery" were some of the earliest employees and some of them haven't worked at the company for some time. I still count the former and early employees as official deliveries.
To be clear, all that announcement said was that early employees were part of the initial group, not that they were the initial group. Am I wrong?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Slightly different question from original topic.

When do you think recent deposit holders might see delivery? 12 months, 18 months, longer?

Asking for a friend.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Today.

They have all of the clearances to sell. R1Ts are rolling off the production line. They've done the press event for the media. We're seeing R1Ts on trailer trucks. I don't see any reason why they can't deliver today.

They reportedly are only delivering 100 this month. May not be so easy to figure out when and where the first delivery happens if Rivian does not announce it.
Yes. Deliver them today

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Slightly different question from original topic.

When do you think recent deposit holders might see delivery? 12 months, 18 months, longer?

Asking for a friend.
Depends on which one he is ordering. I read the Reddit AMA from SnazzyLab and he quoted this exchange with Brian Gase about ordering the truck now: " When I asked Brian Gase "if I pre-order now, will I get the truck next year?" He smiled and said something along the lines of, "Maybe... no, I actually really think it's possible. Maybe even likely." "