Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
That’s a good idea. Rivian could potentially do what the government has not, and bring clean running water to many indigenous communities which lack it.
Yes, let's not get the government involved. Rivian can build a service center on the edge of the Rez and in exchange pay to have __________ . Win Win. I need to send RJ an email....
Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Today.

They have all of the clearances to sell. R1Ts are rolling off the production line. They've done the press event for the media. We're seeing R1Ts on trailer trucks. I don't see any reason why they can't deliver today.

They reportedly are only delivering 100 this month. May not be so easy to figure out when and where the first delivery happens if Rivian does not announce it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Today.

They have all of the clearances to sell. R1Ts are rolling off the production line. They've done the press event for the media. We're seeing R1Ts on trailer trucks. I don't see any reason why they can't deliver today.

They reportedly are only delivering 100 this month. May not be so easy to figure out when and where the first delivery happens if Rivian does not announce it.
I know a media outlet said that... but do we have a primary source for it? Or is it just heresay?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That quote only confirms the regulatory approval, not the press event or the plan to deliver 100 vehicles this month that @CommodoreAmiga was asking about..
Ok. The line of uncertainty/questioning wasn't clear to me. I thought it was questioning the regulatory approval because I haven't see anyone (press or Rivian) outside these forums theorize on the number of units.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Media embargo ends first day of test drives = first day of delivery ?

Sept 26??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I know a media outlet said that... but do we have a primary source for it? Or is it just heresay?
We know that they've been having a media week in Colorado. There shouldn't be a question there. Who the hell knows where the came up with the 100 vehicles this month. It wouldn't surprise me whether they get that or don't, and I don't think it's a meaningful metric.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
We know that they've been having a media week in Colorado. There shouldn't be a question there. Who the hell knows where the came up with the 100 vehicles this month. It wouldn't surprise me whether they get that or don't, and I don't think it's a meaningful metric.
It is _slightly_ useful in that it can give a “thumb in the air” understanding of how quickly they are ramping given some of the numbers that RJ _has_ quoted regarding full-scale production ability.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Media embargo ends first day of test drives = first day of delivery ?

Sept 26??
This sounds right to me. I'd think it makes sense to have the first purchasers drive off the lot or take delivery on the first day of the Normal event, which can get publicity for all of the coming week. Unless they're delivering to people next week and will get footage of the delivery to show at the Normal event.

Either way, it's gotta be coming!!

Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

It is _slightly_ useful in that it can give a “thumb in the air” understanding of how quickly they are ramping given some of the numbers that RJ _has_ quoted regarding full-scale production ability.
I agree that it is somewhat of a useful metric. Media events should not impact production back at the plant.

To be fair no one should be expecting Rivian to crank out and deliver reasonably high volumes for the next 3-6 months.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I get where you're coming from. TBH I think the more useful metric will be us getting a general feeling for how many cars seem to pop up over time (or people take delivery) once the first few have occurred. Who knows what they're doing this first week, or if they had a bunch of vehicles 90% done or what beforehand. I just feel like there are a lot of unknowns when we are talking about deliveries within two weeks of start of production. And maybe they do 100 in two weeks, and then 200 the following week.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I get where you're coming from. TBH I think the more useful metric will be us getting a general feeling for how many cars seem to pop up over time (or people take delivery) once the first few have occurred. Who knows what they're doing this first week, or if they had a bunch of vehicles 90% done or what beforehand. I just feel like there are a lot of unknowns when we are talking about deliveries within two weeks of start of production. And maybe they do 100 in two weeks, and then 200 the following week.
Yes there are many unknowns.

Going from 100 in 2-3 weeks(we don’t know when they actually started the build) to a vehicle every 4-5 mins is a huge step. Add in getting all the logistics and delivery system/team trained and fine tuned. IMO if they hit 1500-2000 deliveries/month and sustain it in 6 months they will have pulled off a small miracle.

I am not knocking Rivian. I think they will do way better than Tesla did when they started production.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes there are many unknowns.

Going from 100 in 2-3 weeks(we don’t know when they actually started the build) to a vehicle every 4-5 mins is a huge step. Add in getting all the logistics and delivery system/team trained and fine tuned. IMO if they hit 1500-2000 deliveries/month and sustain it in 6 months they will have pulled off a small miracle.

I am not knocking Rivian. I think they will do way better than Tesla did when they started production.
Agreed.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Tom Moloughney says he's driving the R1T next Wednesday and the embargo ends on the 27th.

Rivian has an extreme off road course/drive set up for the media.

*From Inside EV's podcast today.
Sponsored