Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, and they may want people to sign a liability waiver and waive that 7-day test drive feature before flying over the top of Mt. Rivian and really "sticking" the landing on the other side. ?
You mean like this Raptor? :D
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, and they may want people to sign a liability waiver and waive that 7-day test drive feature before flying over the top of Mt. Rivian and really "sticking" the landing on the other side. ?
I always assumed they would have test mule loaners for use on the track?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I always assumed they would have test mule loaners for use on the track?
I would assume so as well, but I’d still like to try mine as confirmation. That is, except for that whole flying over Mt. Rivian and sticking the landing part. ?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
There are no rivian dealers for company Owned centres to deprive of business. Is that not why Tesla has an exemption?
I believe that was the motivation here.

"Ford, you cannot sell direct from a dealer in this state because there are already established Ford dealers in this state"

"Tesla, you wouldn't be competing against any established dealers or service centers for Teslas, so you're clear"

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I wonder when they will tell us the EPA. If the production vehicles are ready to be built, why can't we know the EPA?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I wonder when they will tell us the EPA. If the production vehicles are ready to be built, why can't we know the EPA?
I'm expecting with the release of the app, so early Sept.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I believe that was the motivation here.

"Ford, you cannot sell direct from a dealer in this state because there are already established Ford dealers in this state"

"Tesla, you wouldn't be competing against any established dealers or service centers for Teslas, so you're clear"
The intent of the legislation that was passed in 2014 was specifically crafted to exclude any direct sales by auto manufacturers. The wording is such that for sales, a manufacturer cannot compete with any dealer selling vehicles, regardless on whether it is the same brand.

Any manufacturer that already held a dealers license (Tesla was the only one AFAIK) was exempted from the prohibition.

The service facility prohibition may contain a gray area that allows manufacturers to own/operate them as long as no dealers are able to service the vehicles in question.
I'm relatively certain the Auto Dealers Association will, at some point, assert that Rivian, Lucid, Polestar, etc are indeed competing with them for services such as tires, alignment, brakes, etc.

The original intent of these laws was indeed to prevent manufacturers that sold franchises to come into a market and compete against their franchisees, both for sales and service. Some States, such as Washington, have "clarified" them to prohibit manufacturers from selling direct at all (and in Washington's case, servicing vehicles).

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I may very well be misinterpreting the below statement from the latest Rivian email, but I interpret they have started production already, just waiting for the go ahead on the first deliveries. I expect Rivian either meets, or exceeds their EPA estimates, or so close they don't feel there'll be any impact on their sales.

".....With all of this, I am excited to report we have started producing vehicles that reflect all of our quality iterations and design refinements......"

drwatershed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Baja
Occupation
retired
Clubs

If there were a pool I would bet on Monday Sept 20. What I don't understand is why the guide contacts have not told people any delivery dates yet and why those have not leaked out. Supposedly the guides will contact us to organize final delivery. If people have been contacted then they must at least be shooting for a window. Did they make folks sign an NDA? I would think they want that info to leak out.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I may very well be misinterpreting the below statement from the latest Rivian email, but I interpret they have started production already, just waiting for the go ahead on the first deliveries. I expect Rivian either meets, or exceeds their EPA estimates, or so close they don't feel there'll be any impact on their sales.

".....With all of this, I am excited to report we have started producing vehicles that reflect all of our quality iterations and design refinements......"

Hoping design refinements and quality iterations means Mercedes quality body gaps.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

Certainly possible that’s what he meant, but I read it slightly differently. I thought he was indicating that they have made all the changes to the line needed in order to meet their quality requirements, but was not necessarily indicating that the vehicles meeting these requirements are customer production vehicles.

Quite frankly, I hope your interpretation is correct and mine is wrong.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Certainly possible that’s what he meant, but I read it slightly differently.

? Try your interpretation this way, with only this part of his statement.....

" I am excited to report we have started producing vehicles"

If they aren't producing vehicles now, RJ may need to be more careful in his choice of words. ?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
9/32. Rivian time.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Certainly possible that’s what he meant, but I read it slightly differently. I thought he was indicating that they have made all the changes to the line needed in order to meet their quality requirements, but was not necessarily indicating that the vehicles meeting these requirements are customer production vehicles.

Same.
Sponsored