Sponsored

What is your guess for the Day the 1st Rivian is delivered to a Customer?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The only bet I'm willing to make about the day of first delivery is that it'll end in 'y'.
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Who knows. Still frustrated at the possibility that I'll get contacted in Nov, which would group me with 2020/2021 reservation holders (I'm Dec 8, 2018).

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck Did they tell you that factory pick up would be an option? Is that course they built for purchasers to drive later?
No hard and fast "Yes" on factory deliveries, but they know there's interest, and they are considering it. COVID threw a nice monkey wrench into everything. I'd hope that any "Pickup²"
program would include some time on the testing ground, but that is something less certain than the pickup program at the factory itself, in my eyes. The liability issues may make that problematic.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Who knows. Still frustrated at the possibility that I'll get contacted in Nov, which would group me with 2020/2021 reservation holders (I'm Dec 8, 2018).
totally get the frustration. I'm a July 2021 order holder. If we're both contacted November - i'll be surprised and if I do get contacted - to me that would mean they are confident in their ability to ramp up production. I'm hoping to be contacted quickly but not holding my breath.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
No hard and fast "Yes" on factory deliveries, but they know there's interest, and they are considering it. COVID threw a nice monkey wrench into everything. I'd hope that any "Pickup²"
program would include some time on the testing ground, but that is something less certain than the pickup program at the factory itself, in my eyes. The liability issues may make that problematic.
Right, I'm imagining they would want your signature and sale complete BEFORE letting you use the Rivian playground.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Right, I'm imagining they would want your signature and sale complete BEFORE letting you use the Rivian playground.
Yeah, and they may want people to sign a liability waiver and waive that 7-day test drive feature before flying over the top of Mt. Rivian and really "sticking" the landing on the other side. ?

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
9/17

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
I'm about 190 miles from Rivian and got my fingers crossed on an R1S. I did however order a month or so ago. Gut says late 2022 or maybe 2023.

Mostly excite to see the first deliveries and how good/bad things are...

Reactions: Jay

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder how they are going to be able to open the Bellevue facility?
It appears that the only vehicles they would be allowed to service are those they own - no customer vehicles.

1629737539156.png

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.96.185

Unless maybe they got a ruling (or will operate under the assumption) that they are not competing with any new car dealers service facility since none of them are capable of Rivian service?
If you don't have any dealers in the State to service the vehicle, there's no competition. Right? That's my only guess, but a little concerning for sure.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I wonder how they are going to be able to open the Bellevue facility?
It appears that the only vehicles they would be allowed to service are those they own - no customer vehicles.

1629737539156.png

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.96.185

Unless maybe they got a ruling (or will operate under the assumption) that they are not competing with any new car dealers service facility since none of them are capable of Rivian service?
There are no rivian dealers for company Owned centres to deprive of business. Is that not why Tesla has an exemption?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
There are no rivian dealers for company Owned centres to deprive of business. Is that not why Tesla has an exemption?
No, if you read carefully the prohibition (for sales) is not competing with a dealer of any make or line.
(1)(g)(vii) was put into place in the 2014 legislation to grandfather Tesla since they already held a dealers license in WA.

The saving grace for the service prohibition may be the lack of specifying other makes in the statute.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
No, if you read carefully the prohibition (for sales) is not competing with a dealer of any make or line.
(1)(g)(vii) was put into place in the 2014 legislation to grandfather Tesla since they already held a dealers license in WA.

The saving grace for the service prohibition may be the lack of specifying other makes in the statute.
I'm not sure I read that the same as you, seems like (g) is referring to sales so I would agree they would not be allowed to sell a vehicle without violating that section. (h) however discusses repair and maintenance, including warranty service and no one in the state would have an agreement with Rivian for this maintenance. It does not have the verbiage in this paragraph for any make or line.

The way I read it, they would violate (g) if they were selling vehicles form this facility but would not violate (h) for maintenance as there is no competitor.

Keep in mind I got my law experience watching Judge Judy so may not want to trust how I interpret what I read....

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
totally get the frustration. I'm a July 2021 order holder. If we're both contacted November - i'll be surprised and if I do get contacted - to me that would mean they are confident in their ability to ramp up production. I'm hoping to be contacted quickly but not holding my breath.

Are you a Launch Edition reservation holder?

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager