Sponsored

What is your grievance with Rivian?

What is your biggest grievance with Rivian?

• Total voters

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

?? ?
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
It is a problem with communication, but it isn't just that they need to provide more info. While they certainly need to share more, the bigger problem for me is that the little they do say does not appear accurate/honest.

No one would be accusing them of being delayed or of having an unacceptably slow production rates if Rivian had not shared what they surely knew were unrealistic numbers/dates.

Last edited:

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Was this really necessary to make this a poll? Sheesh this group is poll-crazed :rolleyes: Not only could this have been a simple thread, it's also been addressed in several older posts ...

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I'm a simple guy. I understand it is a new EV and similar to Tesla when it launched, there was little communication, scaling issues, etc. It will happen with anything THAT new. Other manufacturers like Ford who make EVs have been building cars for 150 years. It is your choice to put in a reservation for a vehicle sight unseen (I'm talking about the early reservation holders). Rivian doesn't owe you anything. Don't like it, cancel your order. There are plenty of people who are happy to skip ahead.

My only complaint is they should display their vehicles (like Tesla) in stores/service centers so people can look at them and poke around. Don't necessarily have to drive them until they have more staffing/scaling in place.

I have a reservation for an R1S. They are out there and more than a few are built. Employees have access to them as loaner vehicles just like the R1T (I have a friend who works there). Toss both vehicles in a small showroom so people can go look and ask basic questions.

Personally I never test drive any car I buy. I know what I want and I do tons of research and look at them up close. So no test drives doesn't bother me, although I know I'm the minority here.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
IMO, Rivian needs a refilled and robust Executive Suite starting with a real COO.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Was this really necessary to make this a poll? Sheesh this group is poll-crazed :rolleyes: Not only could this have been a simple thread, it's also been addressed in several older posts ...

Reminds me of the fretful father who when asked what the most important objective he had for his teenage daughter replied, "keep her off the pole".

However, in this case we got nothing else to do so may as well embrace the poll.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
However, in this case we got nothing else to do so may as well embrace the poll.
Not when 1) the topic has been covered many times over in several older threads, and 2) too many polls (dilutes its purpose).

• Sad
Reactions: Guy

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Seems like Festivus is coming early this year!

Rivian R1T R1S What is your grievance with Rivian? SatisfiedGrimDog-max-1mb

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That I don’t have my R1T yet.

but that’s not really anyone’s fault.
Can‘t really complain about a global pandemic and the knock-on effects thereof delaying my $130k luxury toy.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Here's a grievance.

Rivian claimed it in December that it had "sold" its first two R1S's. However, we haven't seen information unique to the R1S except EPA estimates since RJ's instagram story in March 2021. If the vehicle is really ready, share something with a huge set of your reservation holders.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Here's a grievance.

Rivian claimed it in December that it had "sold" its first two R1S's. However, we haven't seen information unique to the R1S except EPA estimates since RJ's instagram story in March 2021. If the vehicle is really ready, share something with a huge set of your reservation holders.
That's "communication" - it's an option in the poll.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Production Rate/Delivery delays are basically the same thing to me.

I'm glad CarPlay/Cup holders aren't an option. Or no real pictures of Limestone.

But they really should have a video tour available of a production R1S by now, unless they think they are that far behind on making it available.