Sponsored

What is the highest DCFC cost you've seen?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

That $2/kWh rate seems to be standard at dealerships. The Rivian nav directed me to this station in a Mercedes dealership, but when I got near I looked it up on Chargepoint and was floored by the price. Gas is a lot cheaper. I suspect they're trying to deter the public so they can keep them free for the dealership cars.

IMG_BA497199E598-1.jpeg
I'm willing to bet that ChargePoint requires the chargers to be public so the dealerships jack up the prices to keep away the public so they can use it for their vehicles on the lot.
I'm willing to bet they're also taking public tax dollars in the form of subsidies (municipal, county, state, FEDERAL?!?) to build these "public" chargers but the contracting officer or grant didn't specify fare or market rates on them.

That's too deep a rabbit hole for me, anyone else willing to dive down and look for public contracts, bids, or awards?
Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I'm willing to bet they're also taking public tax dollars in the form of subsidies (municipal, county, state, FEDERAL?!?) to build these "public" chargers but the contracting officer or grant didn't specify fare or market rates on them.

That's too deep a rabbit hole for me, anyone else willing to dive down and look for public contracts, bids, or awards?
You got it!

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I pay the Tier 2 rate of $0.45/kWh at home after I exceed my Tier 1 allotment for the month in the Bay Area. The Tier 1 rate is $0.36/kWh (295.8 kWh)

DCFC rates don’t seem so bad with these home rates

Last edited:

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
$2/kwh at a GMC dealership in rural AR… only DCFC within 100 miles
Sponsored