Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

How long has that truck been around??

I wish they showed you the last 8 of the VIN in the shop.

Does anyone know if you select a shop vehicle and don’t like the VIN can the guide release the vehicle and put you back in the shop?
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
WHAT IF… I were 25 again and won a Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Championship, Tour de France, Olympic gold medal and had to file a restraining order against Scarlett Johanseen because she wouldn’t stop stalking me after our 2nd date and I told her we should just be friends because I’d just met Cardi B.

I like this game 😌

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
When I had shop access, I didn’t see any that old, but there were lots of orphans with 20” wheels and underbody shield that priced to within a few dollars of those with the off-road package (which also includes the spare).

Seems silly Rivian isn’t discounting these trucks to move them. I was originally thinking about these, but for a few 100 dollars, I took the package with 5 wheels so I’ll be able to do 5-wheel rotations to hopefully get more mileage out of each set of tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
swflor

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

When I had shop access, I didn’t see any that old, but there were lots of orphans with 20” wheels and underbody shield that priced to within a few dollars of those with the off-road package (which also includes the spare).

Seems silly Rivian isn’t discounting these trucks to move them. I was originally thinking about these, but for a few 100 dollars, I took the package with 5 wheels so I’ll be able to do 5-wheel rotations to hopefully get more mileage out of each set of tires.
Oddly, it’s the most expensive truck is in the shop at the moment. The PTC is a $3k line item. Who can answer questions about the vehicle? The Guide?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
How long has that truck been around??

I wish they showed you the last 8 of the VIN in the shop.

Does anyone know if you select a shop vehicle and don’t like the VIN can the guide release the vehicle and put you back in the shop?
I tried getting released from my early VIN and my guide gave me a really hard time and gave no confidence in what would happen if they did release it. Made it seem like I would get put back a year and also said 100% no on regaining shop access. Others have had a better experience with their guides though and done exactly what I was requesting and regained shop access almost immediately. I think it’s luck of the draw on the guide youre working with.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I tried getting released from my early VIN and my guide gave me a really hard time and gave no confidence in what would happen if they did release it. Made it seem like I would get put back a year and also said 100% no on regaining shop access. Others have had a better experience with their guides though and done exactly what I was requesting and regained shop access almost immediately. I think it’s luck of the draw on the guide youre working with.
I think your chances of reassignment are better if you ask the guide before matching, but if it has the powered cover it absolutely is an older VIN.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I think your chances of reassignment are better if you ask the guide before matching, but if it has the powered cover it absolutely is an older VIN.
On Reddit, in one of the official Rivian responses, they said any vehicle with a powered tonneau in the shop is a 2022.

I currently have shop access and don’t see any with a powered tonneau. Don’t know if that’s a regional thing or a preorder pricing thing?

Edit:

From Reddit

Rivian R1T R1S WHAT IF….. the R1 Shop has a truck with PTC IMG_2194

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
Having trouble following. Selecting from the shop is matching and the only way to see the vin. So would require reassignment. But if you see it hanging around in the shop and are curious then you can ask your guide the vin before selecting it. Again that would depend on how friendly your guide is. Mixed results on them cooperating on revealing VINS prior to selection also.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

IF you see one with a powered tonneau in the shop it is definitely a '22 (as is mine VIN 119..) and mine is perfect except for the disabled PTC. However I am confident that in the near future my PTC will be fixed and functional. If a PTC is what you want and you dont want to wait years until they release it again on new builds then I suggest you grab a '22 model from the shop. Otherwise they have been very clear that model year 23 and maybe longer without PTCs will not be retrofit. Just sayin'. '22 aint that long ago.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

On Reddit, in one of the official Rivian responses, they said any vehicle with a powered tonneau in the shop is a 2022.

I currently have shop access and don’t see any with a powered tonneau. Don’t know if that’s a regional thing or a preorder pricing thing?

Edit:

From Reddit

IMG_2194.jpeg
" they said any vehicle with a powered tonneau in the shop is a 2022. "
That is correct. I had PTC in my configuration, but they deleted that option back around the first of December. I was told, at that time, that I had to switch to either manual tonneau, or no tonneau. I went with "no tonneau," but eventually got a truck (in the shop) with a PTC (that ended up broken, and locked in the open position, before I ever received it); it was, of course, a 2022 build. I don't think that it is going out on a limb to state that there are no 2023 trucks with PTC.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
" they said any vehicle with a powered tonneau in the shop is a 2022. "
That is correct. I had PTC in my configuration, but they deleted that option back around the first of December. I was told, at that time, that I had to switch to either manual tonneau, or no tonneau. I went with "no tonneau," but eventually got a truck (in the shop) with a PTC (that ended up broken, and locked in the open position, before I ever received it); it was, of course, a 2022 build. I don't think that it is going out on a limb to state that there are no 2023 trucks with PTC.
Have you tried using it? It being “locked” is just a selection in the settings menu turning it off.
Sponsored