What happens if I delay my R1 delivery?

StormyKnight

First Name
Stormy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt / Silverado Hybrid
I'm an '18 reservation holder and have been patiently waiting for my R1T while watching my old Silverado get older and older. Last night, my wife was out of state trailering her horses to a show when the passenger side ball joint failed on the expressway. Thankfully, she and horses escaped uninjured but old truck is toast. We're looking at making a trip to a local dealer today, begging for mercy and buying / leasing whatever they have on the lot so that she can make it back home.

Does anyone know what happens if I delay my R1 for a couple of years? Do I get to keep my pre-March pricing indefinitely? I have a guide assigned but am holding out for a Max pack.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I severely doubt you keep your pricing for that long. Rivian already is losing money on them and with inflation being what it is I can imagine that if you delay you won't be able to keep the pricing. Remember the contract to preorder states that Rivian can cancel or change the price of orders at any time. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation, I don't think it would be to buy a new truck though.

You can rent something to get you back that will tow your horses, fix the truck you have even if it's not financially worth it. If you want the pricing I would take the truck you can get now, and trade up for a max pack when available. That's just one man's opinion, and you know your needs better than I do. Just thought I would throw in my .02

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Glad your wife and the horses are ok!

Luckily the max pack still seems pretty far off, so it will probably be middle to late 2023 before you’d be getting that call anyway. In my opinion any delay beyond that you might initiate would start the moment they offer you a truck. Others have been told by guides they could delay their orders, but no one knows how long that would be allowed. My guess would be months, not years.

If you have to buy something now I would either buy something cheap enough that you could keep it as a backup when your Rivian is ready or buy something nice enough you know you would get a great trade in value 1-2 years from now.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ugh here we go... Put your build in your signature please.
Sponsored