Sponsored

What happened with Rich Rebuilds & Rivian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
  • Banned
Details are scarce. Sounds like Rivian is only letting reviewers discuss the vehicles in approved ways, and test the vehicles in specific ways (e g. 30mph speed limit while testing)

What's everyones take on this?

Is every review, thus far, been "fake"? Are we only hearing what Rivian wants us to hear?

I just can't help but feel that we still haven't heard a true-review of Rivian - by someone not bound by NDA, or approved talking points.

I feel like Rich never does anything that isn't in the interest of his viewers - and the overall public (right to repair laws, good content, etc). So I don't buy the idea that Rich was being malicious or anything.

https://insideevs.com/news/551328/rivan-representatives-rich-rebuilds-r1t/
Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
You’re clearly just trolling at this point, so I hate myself for responding, but here we go…

Did you even read the article? The reviewers disobeyed the rules of the test drive. Rivian asked to see the footage of what they did while they were AWOL, and then took no further action. The article you cite is clearly a clickbait headline. There was no bullying. There was no manipulation of the reviews. None are fake. Demuros review wasn’t monitored or managed by Rivian. The 30 mph limit was during the off-road portion, obviously due to safety. Plenty of the Breck reviewers took them well over that speed when they were doing the on-road portion of the test drives.

tldr, nothing to see here but a website trying to create click-thru ad revenue and a forum member who seems to have nothing better to do than try and sh!t on Rivian for some weird reason.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I think Rivian did nothing wrong other than to miss the opportunity to have fun with a messed up situation.
Rich's schtick is irreverent troublemaker. The two things reported are:
1) a Rivian employee stopped a press demo drive because the driver didn't follow instructions
2) Rivian employees asked to review the video to see what transpired
What we're seeing in this report is … people speculating maybe it's sinister.
That they invited Rich shows they're not afraid of having a rabble rouser at pressers. That they didn't invite Roman and TFL (based in Colorado) to an event at Breckenridge (in Colorado) seems to be a mistake, not an overt attempt to somehow suppress the media by excluding one auto review youtuber.
Rivian, like Tesla, has invited social influencers mostly in tech with high profiles and large audiences of subscribers. TFL is big, but not really big, not tech, and entirely focused on vehicle reviews. The Rivian media events so far have been pretty tame affairs. TFL is more of a late stage reviewer … they want to do the acceleration tests, the towing tests, the torture tests … Rivian has since done those sorts of reviews with Edmunds and Doug DeMuro (both having credibility and large audiences.)

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
You’re clearly just trolling at this point, so I hate myself for responding, but here we go…

Did you even read the article? The reviewers disobeyed the rules of the test drive. Rivian asked to see the footage of what they did while they were AWOL, and then took no further action. The article you cite is clearly a clickbait headline. There was no bullying. There was no manipulation of the reviews. None are fake. Demuros review wasn’t monitored or managed by Rivian. The 30 mph limit was during the off-road portion, obviously due to safety. Plenty of the Breck reviewers took them well over that speed when they were doing the on-road portion of the test drives.

tldr, nothing to see here but a website trying to create click-thru ad revenue and a forum member who seems to have nothing better to do than try and sh!t on Rivian for some weird reason.
Right. Come to think of it, during First Mile, they limit you to 30 mph on dirt, but let you do a 0-60 on asphalt full throttle. I was repeated going too fast and the Rivian person didn't interrupt me other than to point out what each phase of the drive was demonstrating. They even ask you to keep both hands on the wheel! : ) It was a pretty tame affair, but bouncing around an unfamiliar dirt and mud track going along a ridge next to a cliff at 30 mph was good fun. I hit every pothole I could find and the car didn't have a single rattle or squeak in it.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Is every review, thus far, been "fake"? Are we only hearing what Rivian wants us to hear?

I just can't help but feel that we still haven't heard a true-review of Rivian - by someone not bound by NDA, or approved talking points.
If Rivian was only allowing approved talking points, how do you explain all of the bad information that has gone out in the Breckenridge videos and subsequent articles? How many times have people on this forum identified basic details that were incorrect from video reviews? If Rivian was checking them before allowing release, don't you think they would want to correct any factual inaccuracies first?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just watched the video.
-The "incident" took place at the CA first drive event, the offending party took the truck off the course and was going over the speed limit. What a jerk, and this creates a MASSIVE safety issue since there were other drivers on the course. I'm glad they kicked him out, since it could have ended in a real tragedy.
-Apparently this Rich fella is known for being an idiot, so I'm not surprised he did this.
-There was no "bullying". They asked to see his footage since he broke the rules and put other people's safety in jeopardy, and then took no further action. There was no intimidation.

I guess I should have expected all the garbage articles and hit pieces now that Rivian has garnered so much public attention after the IPO, but it's discouraging to not only see what is supposedly reported as news, but it's also to see that people without common sense actually believe it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.