Sponsored

What EV Charger will you Buy?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've got the same and plan to do the same. Did you get a load shed module? And do your major appliances run off electric?

I'm having a propane backup generator installed (happy wife happy life) and asked the electrician to hook it up at the same time, said I'll need the load shed even if it doesn't go to secondary panel.

OP
OP

hensot01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
VP
I've got the same and plan to do the same. Did you get a load shed module? And do your major appliances run off electric?

I'm having a propane backup generator installed (happy wife happy life) and asked the electrician to hook it up at the same time, said I'll need the load shed even if it doesn't go to secondary panel.
My electrician did not see a need to install a load shed. All our major appliances are electric. He had capacity in our panel.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just installed Charge Point+, Hardwired on 60Amp Circuit so I can run at 48Amps

Charge Point +.jpg

I have this but athe 32amp version. I doubt I can upgrade due to eletrical panel limits so Ill just be sticking with this and have a slow trickle charge :)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm going to wait until I see the price on the Rivian 48A EVSE. If the pricing is outrageous, then I'll go with a ChargePoint Home Flex.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm going to wait until I see the price on the Rivian 48A EVSE. If the pricing is outrageous, then I'll go with a ChargePoint Home Flex.
Same, but I might consider a Juicebox as well. Really hoping Rivian's EVSE might support Vehicle 2 Grid at some point though, even if it's not at release.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
The truck comes with one. The one our Tesla came with has served us well for the last 6 years.

If I wanted to get the full 48 Amp capability, I would seriously look at a modified Tesla version.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
For that price, you could install two EVSEs and save hundreds of dollars. Plus you'd have more flexibility with where each EVSE went.
Circuits are my limit.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

PSA check your local power company for which chargers may qualify for rebates. I got $300 off mine from power company and $300 from my State and also keep in mind Federal Tax Rebate for charger installation.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
... Federal Tax Rebate for charger installation.
Like the incentive for vehicles, this is a non-refundable tax credit and not a rebate. Both are "use it or lose it". If your tax liability is greater than the credit amount(s), the credit does not roll over to subsequent tax years, nor can it ever make your tax liability <$0. This does not mean you can't get a refund check.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Like the incentive for vehicles, this is a non-refundable tax credit and not a rebate. Both are "use it or lose it". If your tax liability is greater than the credit amount(s), the credit does not roll over to subsequent tax years, nor can it ever make your tax liability <$0. This does not mean you can't get a refund check.

Apologies I use "rebate" ubiquitously with the local power companies. Federally we have

The U.S. federal tax credit gives individuals 30% off a ChargePoint Home Flex electric vehicle charging station plus installation costs (up to $1,000). Must purchase and install by December 31, 2021, and claim the credit on your federal tax return.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
I ordered the United Chargers new Alpha. Made by the Grizzl-e folks. It has a 7in screen and all sorts of apps. 40amp charge with plug in. It can be moved if needed. Well reviewed.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Circuits are my limit.
There a EVSEs that will talk to each other and share a single circuit. Still save you hundreds of dollars and give you more flexibility on location.
Sponsored