Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I've mentioned a couple things on here, but better fast charging peak. No reason it can't do 250kw. I know it was increased once already, if it could do 250kw it could really make the max pack less of a need for people that don't tow.
There is a limit based on DCFC current and batter pack voltage. Assuming the max battery pack voltage is fixed then the charger amperage would have to increase for the power to increase. With that said Rivian can improve the charging curve and charge longer at the max rate of low 200 kw.
Sponsored

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
There is a limit based on DCFC current and batter pack voltage. Assuming the max battery pack voltage is fixed then the charger amperage would have to increase for the power to increase. With that said Rivian can improve the charging curve and charge longer at the max rate of low 200 kw.
I understand that but I was thinking about how Tesla gets away with it using the same 2170 cells. I assumed it was just software, and how hard they want to work the pack. Battery construction is not something I know a ton about. I know the higher the voltage of the system the faster the charging capability, but I don't know where the limits are.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I understand that but I was thinking about how Tesla gets away with it using the same 2170 cells. I assumed it was just software, and how hard they want to work the pack. Battery construction is not something I know a ton about. I know the higher the voltage of the system the faster the charging capability, but I don't know where the limits are.
Tesla superchargers are more amperage than the standard CCS chargers of 350 amps.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
the Volvo app let me condition the cabin to a specific temperature, trigger the heated seats/steering wheel, and search for and send a Nav destination to the car before getting in.
off topic. The polestar app does way less than the Volvo app and it’s the same software team.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Tesla superchargers are more amperage than the standard CCS chargers of 350 amps.
Yes, but there are plenty of 500a ccs fast chargers, Rivian would just have to remap the charging in an update. That's what I'm talking about.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yes, but there are plenty of 500a ccs fast chargers, Rivian would just have to remap the charging in an update. That's what I'm talking about.
sorry meant to say 500A max. At 400 volts that’s 200kw. I think the Rivian is slightly more than 400v hence the bit over 200 kw charging speed. Tesla must have higher than 500 A for their superchargers.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
sorry meant to say 500A max. At 400 volts that’s 200kw. I think the Rivian is slightly more than 400v hence the bit over 200 kw charging speed. Tesla must have higher than 500 A for their superchargers.
I
Yeah I'm not sure what tesla specs are, but most EA stations are 500a but a lot of them are software limited to 350a which like you just said is only 200kw on a 400v system. The taycan can get 270ish kw on the 350a cuz it's an 800v system.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Either way, you are right if they could hold 200ish kw for longer it would help.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd like to see the seat/mirror/settings profile saved to the Rivian account so it can transfer between vehicles (would be useful for getting loaners and such too, not just individual ownership). Also like to see them enable PAAK for multiple vehicles without only being whichever vehicle is actively selected in the app.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

100% on all points, specifically the regen one, I mentioned that as well. Don't understand why It can't regen without limit when the battery is low.
I have also noticed regen is unavailable when set to 85% or 70% charge limit because it thinks the batteries are fully charged. It should allow regen when charged to the lower limits.

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Switch to Google maps (work around is to google map on phone and "send" to rivian) or Waze for navigation
PIN to drive
automatic side mirror tilt for reverse
regen should not be limited so long as charge is 90% or less
dashcam capability

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
I'm not sure if someone already suggested since I didn't read the who thread but what about on demand camera views from the app?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Upper limit on volume changes when there is no sound being played through the speakers. Our audio was paused when we were at a charging stop and my son rolled the volume up to 30 and no-one noticed until we tried to listen to some music some time later. Ouch.
Would also like to see the volume reset to some settable maximum between uses.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Upper limit on volume changes when there is no sound being played through the speakers. Our audio was paused when we were at a charging stop and my son rolled the volume up to 30 and no-one noticed until we tried to listen to some music some time later. Ouch.
Would also like to see the volume reset to some settable maximum between uses.
I installed a Cheap aftermarket stereo in my previous car that had a "default on volume." I would love to see that be a standard thing. Definitely saves you from getting blasted out of your seat if you forgot that you had the music cranked the last time you were in the truck.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Overlay traffic info into the gauge cluster map.
Add quick buttons for changing drive modes without going to a whole different screen.
Move the fly in panel for active phone calls to the driver side instead of the passenger side.
Pop a screen up for quick access (fly in panel) for opening frunk, gear tunnel, tailgate when park is engaged without going to a different screen.
Sponsored