Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
From reading many pages of dead 12V battery threads I hope the next update cures the 12V battery issue and s00n.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Passenger seat memory.
That would be a great addition. That requires a "smart" power seat module which Rivian may not have installed at the factory on the passenger seat, so it may not be possible with an OTA.

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
It would be nice that when I’m hauling something and need the tail gate down the side sensors can still be active. I understand the rear being off since the tail gate is down.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
That would be a great addition. That requires a "smart" power seat module which Rivian may not have installed at the factory on the passenger seat, so it may not be possible with an OTA.
Yeah, I’d be curious is the hardware is there to support this.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
A couple small things off the top of my head.

1. Transpose the visual radar warnings onto the images on the front screen.
2. Lock only the rear passenger windows.

Sponsored

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Selectable tire size, even if it’s just what rivian offers. There’s got to be others out there who’d want to have both a range set and an all terrain or winter set.
I have to second this. I want to get a set of all seasons to daily and save my ATs for off-road trips and winter.

Also dashcam function please...

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Download/watch gear guard events on your phone.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

Most annoying thing I've found is that the steering wheel controls cant change between favorited radio stations, it only scans stations. Seems like an easy fix.
I reported this to Rivian service, rep had me do infotainment reset, full reset, no help. He had me standby while he went to check operation on a truck he had access to, and confirmed it scanned through favorites as it should. Booked me a service appointment.
Today I had the service appointment and was told it's now normal operation.
So my question is does everybody have the same type of operation or not? (scan whole radio spectrum vs favorites only)

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I reported this to Rivian service, rep had me do infotainment reset, full reset, no help. He had me standby while he went to check operation on a truck he had access to, and confirmed it scanned through favorites as it should. Booked me a service appointment.
So my question is does everybody have the same type of operation or not? (scan whole radio spectrum vs favorites only)
The behavior was changed in an OTA update. So it's possible (likely) that the CSR checked a vehicle with non-current software.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I can also confirm that it was the same way in a Rivian loaner I had. It’s annoying.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

The behavior was changed in an OTA update. So it's possible (likely) that the CSR checked a vehicle with non-current software.
Yeah, it was the very first update I got after delivery of my truck, so I noticed it change. Keep expecting a fix every update, but no go. The manual still says it will change to the next favorite station. Can't see any logical reason the update would intentionally change this behavior, so I'm claiming it's a update screw up that Rivian puts low on the priority list for fixing.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Add a mode that simulates whatever brake regen mode you are in that keeps the regen feel the same by blending the brakes when regen is limited. Pretty sure tesla does this.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

It's pretty low priority, but I would love to see a "Ramp Mode" where the truck raises the front end as high as possible while dropping the rear as low as possible to make loading things into the bed just that much easier.
Sponsored