Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Few things I'd like to see update. Number 1 is vampire drain, still too much especially when it's cold out. Second is climate performance. Not ideal to have it cooling when it's 25 degrees out. Third and most important (and can't be fixed with a software update) is the severe pulling to the right. Took it in and they couldn't fix it. Will get a new subframe in 2 weeks so hopefully that fixes is.
Here we go! I have had theories about the subframe being a part of this right sag (do you have any right sag?)and/or pulling! Let's see how this plays out for sure! Please let us know!
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Couple more items because it seems like Rivian IS a company that cares and responds to customer input - they seem to keep an eye on forums for these sorts of things ....

I wonder if the front end noise a lot of us have at low speeds on rough roads is due to over active suspension dampers vs the worn or lack of bushings that it sounds like. If so, maybe that can be addressed thru software

A softer ride setting would be nice

Lower regen setting in all-purpose mode would also be nice

Some way to resume cruise control vs always having to reset the speed

Better response time for unlocking <- when approaching with my Phone As Key and when using the buttons on the key fob
I have some front end noise too, so if they could even give us less impact harshness, that might subdue whatever it is more. Like you said...sounds like bad bushings (or ball joints, bearings, etc...)

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Few things I'd like to see update. Number 1 is vampire drain, still too much especially when it's cold out. Second is climate performance. Not ideal to have it cooling when it's 25 degrees out. Third and most important (and can't be fixed with a software update) is the severe pulling to the right. Took it in and they couldn't fix it. Will get a new subframe in 2 weeks so hopefully that fixes is.
Subframe? This is crazy on a new vehicle. As others have said- please keep us updated and if it fixes the sag/pull.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Here we go! I have had theories about the subframe being a part of this right sag (do you have any right sag?)and/or pulling! Let's see how this plays out for sure! Please let us know!
No sag just severe pulling to the right. Hopefully it can be fixed.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Regular, basic cruise control.
I don't need or want cameras or sensors involved.
Tired of road spray "obstructing" the camera or any wet snow blocking sensors.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think a ticket may be in order for you two. I have had some issues with Driver+, but it routinely works in the rain, fog (except peanut butter thick fog) , and perma-drizzle of the PNW. Plenty of times on I-5 Highway Assist worked great in conditions where I barely felt comfortable driving myself...
Seconding that there's likely something up with a particular system that bails out in light rain. Mine will continue to work in a decent rain. Could be the cold rain temps are fogging up inside the camera housing or maybe the wiper blades aren't clearing the windshield enough.

I see lane departure warning - that's just an annoying sound if it thinks I get too close to the line......
The lane keep assist option requires lane departure warning to be on. You aren't presented the option if the warning is off.

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LG/FE, Lightning Lariat ER, 2011 Tundra TRD
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Quicker charge curve; this is a BIG battery and should be able to take energy a little quicker. Charging to 60 percent is pretty OK, 60 to 70 is "eh", 70-80 percent is WAY WAY slower than it needs to be.

Reactions: Guy

jamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone Forest Edge 20 AT
Vampire drain. I lose 2% a day with the truck just sitting in the driveway, Gear Guard off. I might not drive the thing for 2 weeks, and if I haven't had it plugged in the whole time, I can easily have lost 25 percentage points of charge compared to when I parked it. Insane.

Sprout

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FE FG 21 ORP
Occupation
RADIAC tech
Just a couple I haven't seen yet.
1. Ability to turn on only the heated mirrors independent of the rear window via the HVAC screen. My mirrors frost up in foggy conditions while the rear window remains clear. Should be simple enough to enable a "button" on the mirror image.
2. Ability to control the app functions from a web browser. I work in a secure facility and am not trusted to have my personal cellular phone. It would be nice to be able to access controls and pre-heat/cool remotely without a phone.
And this...
3. Ability to change tire size without having to visit SC. It's a 2.5 hour drive for me. One way.

Last edited:

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
In some ways, I'd like to see Rivian copy Tesla. They have a great UI.
Break away from Alexa. I hated it in my house, I truly dislike it in my vehicle.
Ablility to dictate/answer texts. I get lots of calls while driving.
More choices for entertainment.
Better map feature. More detail. ability to zoom in on the view and have traffic details present.
better functionality with the mobile app (see Tesla app again)
Better recognition when I approach the vehicle. Its really hit or miss. I'd prefer to always use my phone. many times its very late in unlocking.
having the ability to "touch" the door handle to unlock.

When do we think they will drop a new update?

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Blind spot camera views on the driver dashboard when the turn signals are activated. Could be pretty easily done by rearranging some items on the dash. Already exists on several cars like Tesla and Lucid even has it.
... And my 2014 Honda Accord. Agreed this would be nice.

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Should hear from the "dot-nothing" owner about the first 2023 pre-release version any time now.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'd love to see user adjustable time to relock, after a unlock event. I'd like to set that to about 5 minutes, so that when I walk up to truck with a load of stuff at home depot, or standing around truck talking to someone, it doesn't feel the need to keep locking and unlocking all the time as I gains and loses the bluetooth signal I assume.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

my app shows the vehicle software update available message. I would kick it off but the truck is in service right now. Anyone else see this or get the release notes?

Edit: it’s just a newer release of 2022.47, false alarm!
Sponsored

Last edited: