Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I know we keep coming back to this but I would really like screen access to the bed-facing camera

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LG/FE, Lightning Lariat ER, 2011 Tundra TRD
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

1: Lane keep assist on all roads

2: soft button in Climate control to turn on/off AC regardless of temp setting <- it's nice to have dry air regardless of temp setting.

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Basic lane keep is available in the settings, but I suspect you are wanting true lane centering (as do I!).

I see lane departure warning - that's just an annoying sound if it thinks I get too close to the line......

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I see lane departure warning - that's just an annoying sound if it thinks I get too close to the line......
There's definitely an active steering portion to it. I don't recall exactly where or what the setting is called, but it's in there somewhere.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Few things I'd like to see update. Number 1 is vampire drain, still too much especially when it's cold out. Second is climate performance. Not ideal to have it cooling when it's 25 degrees out. Third and most important (and can't be fixed with a software update) is the severe pulling to the right. Took it in and they couldn't fix it. Will get a new subframe in 2 weeks so hopefully that fixes is.

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There's definitely an active steering portion to it. I don't recall exactly where or what the setting is called, but it's in there somewhere.

I'll have to look again, admittedly it's been a few since I've checked. I will say though that the Blue cruise on my wife's lightning blows Rivian's "equivalent" away...... they have been at it longer and with more data points; I think Rivian will eventually catch up and maybe surpass them.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I'll have to look again, admittedly it's been a few since I've checked. I will say though that the Blue cruise on my wife's lightning blows Rivian's "equivalent" away...... they have been at it longer and with more data points; I think Rivian will eventually catch up and maybe surpass them.
Completely agree. GM SuperCruise is even better. Hell, my BMW X5 from 2020 had better self-driving on unmapped roads than Rivian has on mapped roads. Looking forward to improvements, which I hope includes unmapped road compatibility.

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
2: soft button in Climate control to turn on/off AC regardless of temp setting <- it's nice to have dry air regardless of temp setting.
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are asking for; afaik this is already available.

Sponsored

Whyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My hopes:

1. Option for no regen in Snow Mode
2. Fix for the crazy HVAC system blowing cold air even when it's freezing outside
3. Easier access to cameras (preferably some way where it auto activates if speed is <10 mph and parking space lines are detected).
4. Less vampire drain

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are asking for; afaik this is already available.

An example: if it's 50 degrees outside and we have the HVAC set to 72, the heater will come on. If it's humid out, it really bother's my wife - she feels out of breath and claustrophobic if there's too much humidity being blown on her. I always thought that is a really strange thing, but it's real for her. In other vehicles we can set them to 72 deg AND turn on the AC - the AC dries the air, and it's heated so that solves her issues. I don't know how to do that in the Rivian so we usually have the HVAC set fairly low even if it's cold out so that the AC cycles on and dries the air so she isn't getting that uncomfortable sensation. I know this is a niche use case and that it double dips energy from a range perspective, but it seems like an easy addition to add a soft button to turn on A/C manually vs always in Auto.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
NORMAL CRUISE CONTROL so you have cruise control if cameras blocked

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Couple more items because it seems like Rivian IS a company that cares and responds to customer input - they seem to keep an eye on forums for these sorts of things ....

I wonder if the front end noise a lot of us have at low speeds on rough roads is due to over active suspension dampers vs the worn or lack of bushings that it sounds like. If so, maybe that can be addressed thru software

A softer ride setting would be nice

Lower regen setting in all-purpose mode would also be nice

Some way to resume cruise control vs always having to reset the speed

Better response time for unlocking <- when approaching with my Phone As Key and when using the buttons on the key fob

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Blind spot camera views on the driver dashboard when the turn signals are activated. Could be pretty easily done by rearranging some items on the dash. Already exists on several cars like Tesla and Lucid even has it.
Sponsored