Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
It would be nice to be able to take full advantage of that high-end sound system! Bluetooth Audio just doesn't have the quality available, and streaming options are... lackluster.
Wonder what DAC and bit limit the R1T has... 24/192? Maybe IDK?
Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
The auto-wiper sensitivity is driving me nuts. “Gosh dammit Gary turn n the wipers!”

And when they are inevitably too slow you have to do 5 CLICKS! to speed them up to where they should be!

when auto fails you have to skip past “way too slow”, “too slow”, “about as slow as auto”, “slow”…. DOWNPOUR! I.e. “safe speed”.

When it rains I constantly have this sensation that someone else is driving and their use of the wipers is making me cringe. Can’t see Gary.

“Alexa, increase wiper speed!” “I’m sorry I can’t access the internet (even though Apple Music on your phone is accessing it just fine)”

I’d say these are easily 25-33% too slow too insensitive for me.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
I had my windshield replaced and then had to bring the truck back because the automatic wipers weren't working at all. Apparently they hadn't calibrated the sensors when they installed the glass. After the calibration the wipers work better than with the original windshield. If you ever have to go to a service center tell them the wipers are crazy and ask for a recalibration.

SherpaDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C2S Cab, Ridgeline, Dakota SXT, Ram 50, R1T Or
Occupation
Consultant
Living a metropolis, I need a Valet Mode which would lock dow the Funk/Tunnel/Maps/garage door openers/etc - totally exposed when I have to park

Fix Radio issue - "radio can't connect" error

Maps/charging - would love them to be more predictive of range and suggest charging stops along the way of a trip

Passenger Mirror Tilt in reverse - I know we are loaded with camera, but would love to have passenger mirror tilt when in reverse as happened on most cars these days. I t would also be incredible helpful to have the backup sensor display on the main center screen when backing up since that is where you tend to look vs on the driver screen

Sponsored

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Be realistic….

For me:

My biggest gripe is the Alexa integration, more specifically Amazon music. It’s very buggy.

My air vents behave a bit strange, it appears they do not remain the same position I leave them in when I return to the car-despite the settings on the screen remaining the same.

I also wouldn’t mind a discrete prompt when opening the drivers door to leave the vehicle “running, while locked the keep it cool, inside. Without having to do so from the phone app.

The windows work fine, but the auto-down, auto up isn’t terribly intuitive imho. Wouldn’t mind them being a bit quicker too.
1. Dash cam capability
2. Ability to select rear cam of your choice (bed vs tailgate) to view when backing
3. Streaming video while parked (Prime, Netflix, etc…) or at least the ability to stream anything from another device
4. Control of RGB accent lighting
5. More availability to use Driver+ (my son’s Honda Civic can basically do the same thing…just EVERYWHERE!)

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
An alert sent to app when charging has been interrupted due to a fault or even a power disruption. Also the ability to have truck or app then also push a text alert to an entered phone number.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The auto-wiper sensitivity is driving me nuts. “Gosh dammit Gary turn n the wipers!”

And when they are inevitably too slow you have to do 5 CLICKS! to speed them up to where they should be!

when auto fails you have to skip past “way too slow”, “too slow”, “about as slow as auto”, “slow”…. DOWNPOUR! I.e. “safe speed”.

When it rains I constantly have this sensation that someone else is driving and their use of the wipers is making me cringe. Can’t see Gary.

“Alexa, increase wiper speed!” “I’m sorry I can’t access the internet (even though Apple Music on your phone is accessing it just fine)”

I’d say these are easily 25-33% too slow too insensitive for me.
Mine aren't bad like that, but I don't hesitate to give it a manual click if I think it needs it, so kinda hard to say actually.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Is there a trick to start/stop gear guard in the app? I'm beginning to think functionality of the app is not really a priority for Rivian.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is there a trick to start/stop gear guard in the app? I'm beginning to think functionality of the app is not really a priority for Rivian.
Yes, you can.

They've added a good number of features over the months, and this December update adds some a big on IMO with being able to send locations to the truck.

One feature that would be good is a notification if the truck is being prevented from sleeping after being put into park for an hour or something.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I had my windshield replaced and then had to bring the truck back because the automatic wipers weren't working at all. Apparently they hadn't calibrated the sensors when they installed the glass. After the calibration the wipers work better than with the original windshield. If you ever have to go to a service center tell them the wipers are crazy and ask for a recalibration.
This is interesting, thanks for sharing.
The wiper speed being slower was a plus for me vs some other cars I've had lately that are so fast I end up always doing wipes one by one with the stalk in moderate rain.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Living a metropolis, I need a Valet Mode which would lock dow the Funk/Tunnel/Maps/garage door openers/etc - totally exposed when I have to park
Question, is the "Maps" a request to block out your home address in the maps/navigation software or the center console box? I promise I'm not planning on stealing your truck.
The other feature I want in valet is to disable one pedal driving and enable creep so if someone is unfamiliar with an EV they don't get messed up and drive into a wall like that model 3 on Reddit. (For those that haven't seen that: Friend borrowed a car, tried to park it, ran head first into a wall when mashing what they thought were the brakes)

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
This is interesting, thanks for sharing.
The wiper speed being slower was a plus for me vs some other cars I've had lately that are so fast I end up always doing wipes one by one with the stalk in moderate rain.
+1 here, my wipers have been super reliable and (much to my satisfaction) never feel like they're on jack-russell-terrier speed. It's a welcome change from my Tesla which goes into a goddamn fit if it has seen anything but a blue sky in the last 100 miles (and has a hell spiral of terrible wipers smearing the windshield which block the cameras which make the wipers go even more nuts, which smears the windshield...). Ugh.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
1. Valet mode - to restrict attendants' access to locked-down areas of the truck, such as the frunk, the gear tunnel, and the truck bed.

2. A higher resolution backup camera

3. Auto Park - for tight parking spaces
Sponsored