Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Strongly second the "easy entry" request mentioned above - it looks like we're at least getting a Kneel mode but I drive with my seat pretty high up, so dropping that down when I park would be a huge blessing.

This might be an uncommon one but I find the auto windshield wiper speeds to be insufficient. I have to always manually adjust to a faster speed. I wish there were a way to adjust the sensitivity of this somehow.

And another one that I think @kanundrum mentioned in his R1S review is that we need a suspension setting that is softer than the current 'soft'. Coming from a Lexus RX I can certainly feel bumps on the road more, and I wasn't expecting that given the sophisticated nature of an air suspension system.

A couple of other easy ones:
  • Add a digital clock to the driver display
  • Add an "ETA" or "remaining mins/hours" to the map view in the driver display
Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
And another one that I think @kanundrum mentioned in his R1S review is that we need a suspension setting that is softer than the current 'soft'. Coming from a Lexus RX I can certainly feel bumps on the road more, and I wasn't expecting that given the sophisticated nature of an air suspension system.
I think the bumps youā€™re feeling is more due to the 50psi of air pressure in the tires. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any getting around that.

personally I want a suspension mode in between soft and stiff. I find soft to be really wallowy on big bumps and stiff to just be brutally hard on anything but the smoothest of roads.

But I agree we should have more options for the fancy suspension

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I think the bumps youā€™re feeling is more due to the 50psi of air pressure in the tires. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any getting around that.

personally I want a suspension mode in between soft and stiff. I find soft to be really wallowy on big bumps and stiff to just be brutally hard on anything but the smoothest of roads.

But I agree we should have more options for the fancy suspension
Oh interesting, I hadn't thought of the air pressure - it wasn't something I particularly paid attention to on my Lexus, so it is fully plausible that over time it gradually got lower than the recommended levels and gave me that wallowy glide over shitty roads.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Put the truck into off-road medium or off-road high. There's definitely a softer damper setting available and you can feel a difference in the response from all-purpose to off-road even at the same ride height.

I'd also like to be able to use it in all purpose - offroad mode disables your driver assist functions.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Put the truck into off-road medium or off-road high. There's definitely a softer damper setting available and you can feel a difference in the response from all-purpose to off-road even at the same ride height.

I'd also like to be able to use it in all purpose - offroad mode disables your driver assist functions.
I will try that out, thanks.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Random loss of power

Asklepios

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
After 2 months hereā€™s my hopes and dreams for what could be:
1. Ability to read and send text messages
2. Map to display address when arriving at your destination
3. Driver display: ability to customize, or put speedometer in center
4. Clock in driver display
5. Suspension settings: bumpy or bouncy, maybe somewhere between
6. Steering wheel adjustment for stiffness
7. Map to demonstrate lane choice based on the next step in directions
8. Ability to increase following distance further with Driver+. Max now is about 2.5 seconds when fully pushed to 4 bars. I notice little difference between 1 and 4 bars
9. Resume speed on auto cruise control
10. Integration with audio controls of iPhone or android, or better yet
11. Android auto or Apple Play
12. Heat/cool of seat uneven between butt and back
13. consistent air handling when not in temp control ā€œautoā€ mode

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

• Optional auto-lock after X minutes
  • PIN to drive (esp. with no auto lock feature available)
  • PIN to unlock compartments
  • Distance estimates for proximity sensors
  • Ability to access charge port to plug in vehicle when parked at home without unlocking first
  • Sync gear guard videos to phone when connected to vehicle wifi hotspot (or fix the USB C drive detection issues)

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
- Disabling map auto zoom
- auto navigate to work / home
- Calm down the traffic avoidance a bit. It sends me to side roads that are often just as slow, if not slower, then the highway during rush hour.
- A medium suspension setting. Soft is too soft, stiff is too stiff.
- Steering stiffness control
- Ability to calm down the air flow while staying on auto temp. It tends to default to the second lowest setting which makes way more noise then the lowest setting. But bumping it to the lowest setting disables auto mode.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Is this not what you are referring to?
I share interest in that request. My ask: show me which lane to wind up in after completing a turn.

CLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ability to regulate defrost fan. Fan is inoperable other than at max speed when using defrost. In defog, you can control fan speed.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have a whole list now
  1. Have the bed camera accessible so you can watch your cargo. There have been a few times I wanted to check on stuff back there while driving and this truck is almost impossible to see back there without it
  2. Ability to turn defrost on from the app. If Iā€™m parked outside Iā€™d like to be able to get the truck ready to drive if itā€™s all fogged up
  3. snow/slippery mode. Something that dials down regen.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
1. Steering wheel and seat heaters from app.
2. Flyout/overlay on center screen when using phone to switch to the left.
3. Fix bugs in Spotify that don't play suggested episodes.
4. Scheduled morning warm-up.
5. Auto open/close garage doors (by location)
6. Auto fold/open mirrors (by location)
7. RGB personalization of accent lighting.
Sponsored

Last edited: